11 | Snake Speak

Standing over the hospital bed along with Ron, Hermione, and the rest of the Gryffindor Quidditch team, we all tried to block out a moaning Draco, who was still complaining about bruising his arm or something like that, as we stared down at Harry, who was in real trouble.

"Mr. Malfoy, stop making such a fuss. You can go. Out of my way." the nurse, Madam Pomfrey, told Draco before pushing through the small crowd towards Harry. "Should have been brought straight to me. I can mend bones in a heartbeat, but growing them back..."

"You will be able to, won't you?" I asked.

The woman nodded as she poured some sort of liquid into a cup. "I'll be able to, certainly. But it'll be painful. You're in for a rough night, Potter. Regrowing bones is a nasty business."

Taking the cup from the woman, Harry took a sip, but he wasn't able to swallow it and ended up just spitting it out instead. "What do you expect?" the nurse looked down at him. "Pumpkin juice?

The next day, we all met in one of the girls' bathrooms in order to create the Polyjuice Potion that Hermione had told us about. When Harry arrived though, he informed us about what he had overheard Dumbledore and McGonagall talking about last night.

"Again?" Hermione questioned as she sat on the floor in front of the small cauldron. "You mean the Chamber of Secrets has been opened before?"

Ron, who was leaning against one of the stalls with his arms folded, sighed. "Of course. Don't you see? Lucius Malfoy must have opened it when he was at school here. Now he's taught Draco how to do it."

"Maybe." Hermione picked up a small jar of something and added it into the cauldron. "We'll have to wait for the Polyjuice Potion to know for sure."

"Enlighten me." Ron looked to her. "Why are we brewing this potion in broad daylight...in the middle of the girls' lavatory? Don't you think we'll get caught?"

I scoffed, speaking up before Hermione. "No. No one ever comes in here. They're too scared of Moaning Myrtle."

"Who?"

"Moaning Myrtle." I spotted the familiar female ghost hovering behind Ron. Ron, however, didn't notice. 

"Who's Moaning Myrtle?" he asked.

"I'm Moaning Myrtle." the ghost with brown hair in pigtails and glasses shrieked. "I wouldn't expect you to know me. Who would ever talk about ugly, miserable...moping Moaning Myrtle?"

After flying around the room, the girl began to screech before diving into one of the toilets, sending water pouring out onto the floor. "She's a little sensitive," Hermione said.

"Man, this school is so weird." I laughed, watching as smoke started to overflow from the cauldron. "I just really hope we don't get caught. After the stunt we pulled last year, I wasn't allowed to leave the house for two weeks!"

Once Hermione had finished up as much of the potion as she could do at that moment, we packed up the supplies before heading to our Dark Arts class. Being late would do nothing but raise suspicion, and we didn't exactly need that.

"Gather round!" Lockhart called as he stepped up onto the long platform in the middle of the room. "Gather round. Can everybody see me? Can you all hear me? Excellent. In light of the dark events of recent weeks Professor Dumbledore has granted me permission to start this little Dueling Club...to train you all up in case you ever need to defend yourselves...as I myself have done on countless occasions. For full details, see my published works. Let me introduce my assistant, Professor Snape. He has sportingly agreed to help with a short demonstration. I don't want any of you youngsters to worry. You'll still have your Potions master when I'm through with him. Never fear."