51 | Wedding

The house was quiet that night as everyone slept, trying hard to forget about the sadness for a while as we got ready to welcome the joy that would come with Bill and Fleur's wedding. Most of the decorations had already been set up, and as we took a break from all of this horror to celebrate, it really made us remember and appreciate the good things we had in life.

Tucking my knees up to my chest, I dabbed a warm, wet cloth onto George's ear, cleaning up more of the blood as it spilled out. Mrs. Weasley had told me to keep it clean for a while before bandaging up, which was what I was doing, among other things.

At that moment, I was sitting on the floor of the Weasley house, dabbing away blood and above all, appreciating the best thing that I had. It hadn't taken very long for me to realize that George was the greatest thing I had in my life, along with my incredible friends, and every second that I was alive I would remember that.

Noticing that George's ear had pretty much stopped bleeding at that point, I put the cloth down and picked up the white bandage from the table. "George." I felt bad for waking the sleeping man who was comfortable on the couch. "George, I need to bandage you up. All I need you to do is sit up a little."

Groaning, George lifted his upper body a little so I could sit down on the couch, his head then resting in my lap. Taking the bandage, I slowly and carefully wrapped it around George's head, making sure to make it perfect around the ear. When I was done, I just sat there with George fast asleep on my lap.

He was going to be okay, and right then, that was the most important thing in my life.

Just then, Harry came down the stairs, not noticing me at all as he exited the house with a bag on his back. Just as I was about to go after him, Ron came down as well. "Going somewhere?" I heard Ron ask.

"Nobody else is going to die. Not for me." Harry answered as the two stood just outside the house so I could hear them.

Ron scoffed. "For you? You think Mad-Eye died for you? You think George took that curse for you? You may be the Chosen One, mate, but this is a whole lot bigger than that. It's always been bigger than that."

"Come with me," Harry said.

"What, and leave Hermione? What about Yavana? You mad? We wouldn't last two days without them. Do not tell them, especially Hermione, I said that. Besides, you've still got the Trace on you. We've still got the wedding-"

"I don't care about the wedding." I watched through the window as Harry shook his head. "I'm Sorry. No matter whose it is. I have to start finding these Horcruxes. They're our only chance to beat him...and the longer we stay here, the stronger he gets."

Ron stepped towards Harry. "Tonight's not the night, mate. We'd only be doing him a favour."

With that, Harry dropped his bag, allowing Ron to pick it up to make sure he couldn't go anywhere. "Do you think he knows?" Ron asked as the two headed back to the house. "I mean, they're bits of his soul, these Horcruxes. Bits of him. When Dumbledore destroyed the Ring, and you destroyed Tom Riddle's Diary...he must have felt something. To kill the other Horcruxes, we have to find them. Where are they? Where do we start?"

When they entered the house again, the two of them finally realized I was there. They looked at me, and then at George, and then smiled. As Harry headed back upstairs, Ron sighed. "I don't know why I am about to say this, and I probably will never repeat it again, but I'm glad you guys have each other."

"Thanks, Ron." I nodded as he headed back up the stairs as well.

When I woke up the next morning, my eyes fluttering open slightly, I was on the couch, where I had been the night before. But George was gone and instead of sitting, I was now lying down.