60 | Fighting Back

"Neville!" we all gasped, happy to see the boy, even though he looked nothing like he used to. But I suppose we were all different now; especially considering the things we had gone through.

Harry smiled. "Wow, you look-"

"Like hell, I reckon." Neville chuckled. "But this is nothing. Seamus is worse. Hey, Ab, we've got a couple more coming through."

Aberforth nodded as Neville helped us up into the tunnel and lead us through it. "Don't remember this on the Marauder's Map," Ron commented.

"That's because it never existed till now," Neville explained. "The seven secret passages were sealed off before the start of the year. This is the only way in or out now. The grounds are crawling with Death Eaters and Dementors."

"How bad is it with Snape as Headmaster?" Hermione inquired.

Neville shrugged. "Hardly ever see him. It's the Carrows you need to watch our for?"

"Carrows?" I cocked a brow as I stumbled over a raised part in the tunnel.

"Yeah. Brother and sister. In charge of discipline." Neville nodded as he pointed to a cut on the side of his head. "They like punishment, the Carrows."

Hermione sighed. "They did that to you? Why?"

"Today's Dark Arts lesson had us practicing the Cruciatus curse. On first-years." Neville told the horrible story to us. "I refused. Hogwarts has changed."

When we finally arrived to the other side of the tunnel, where the painting would push out into Hogwarts, Neville turned to us with a cheeky grin on his face. "Let's have a bit of fun, shall we?" he pushed the painting open to reveal a room full of kids and hammocks, indicating they slept there. "Hey, listen up, you lot. Brought you a surprise."

"Not more of Aberforth's cooking, I hope." I heard Seamus grumble. "Be a surprise if we can digest it."

Stepping aside, Neville gestured to Harry and the rest of us. Instantly, everyone in the room jumped to their feet and started clapping for Harry.

As we climbed down into the room, we took turns hugging our friends who we hadn't seen in way too long and greeting them again. "Get the word out to Remus and the others that Harry's back," Neville told a boy before turning back to everyone. "Okay, okay! Let's not kill him before You-Know-Who does. So, what's the plan, Harry?"

"Okay." Harry breathed. "There's something we need to find. There's something hidden here in the castle. And it may help us defeat You-Know-Who."

Neville nodded. "Right. What is it?"

"We don't know."

"Where is it?"

"We don't know that either," Harry answered. "I realize that's not much to go on."

Seamus shook his head. "That's nothing to go on."

"I think it has something to do with Ravenclaw," Harry explained. "It'll be small, easily concealed. Anyone, any ideas?"

"Well, there's Rowena Ravenclaw's lost diadem." Luna, who was safe again, said.

Ron scoffed because he never believed Luna. "Oh, bloody hell. Here we go."

"Lost diadem of Ravenclaw? Hasn't anyone heard of it?" Luna looked around the room. "It's quite famous."

Cho nodded, a small smile on her face. "Yes, but, Luna, it's lost, for centuries now. There isn't a person alive today who's seen it."

"Excuse me. Can someone tell me what bloody diadem is?" Ron shifted his weight.

"It's a sort of crown." Cho explained, her Scottish accent thick. "You know, like a tiara."