34 | The Order of the Phoenix

Year 5 at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

It had been a seemingly long summer, that was for sure, and I hadn't seen any of my friends during it. My parents and I had spent the entire two months in Italy where my mother's other sister lived, but it wasn't necessarily for good reasons. My parents wanted to move, and to them Italy seemed perfect.

To me it seemed terrible. It was so far away from everything and everyone I loved, the most important of course being Hogwarts. I told them I couldn't go, or to at least wait until I was done with my schooling, but they were adamant. They wanted to do it as soon as possible, but luckily nothing had become set in stone by the time the next school year arrived, giving me at least one more year.

A whole summer in Italy also meant a whole summer away from George, which had been hard considering things were a little shaky when I left. I was just so broken over the whole Cedric thing that I had been distant from everyone, and by the time I actually wanted someone around, I was miles away from everyone but my parents.

Heading up the steps of the small, creaky house, I located the bedroom that Mrs. Weasley had directed me to and opened the door to see two of my favourite people in the world. "Yavana!" Hermione ran over and gave me a hug as I dropped my bag to the floor, hugging her back.

"I missed you guys so much." I sighed, knowing that they both understood why I was slightly emotional. Like I had promised, I wrote to them, which pretty much just meant I kept them in the loop with the Italy plans.

Pulling me in for a hug, Ron smiled. "I feel like you never left. George's been talking about you coming back all summer."

The biggest news thus far however was not me possibly moving. No, it was the fact that Harry had used magic outside of school─which was against the rules for students under seventeen─because he had been attacked by a dementor.

As if on cue, Harry walked through the door right then. "Oh, Harry." I hugged him.

"Are you all right?" Hermione asked him. "We overheard them talking about the Dementor attack. You must tell us everything."

Ron sighed. "Let the man breathe, Hermione."

"And this hearing at the Ministry. It's just outrageous." Hermione added. "I've looked it up. They simply can't expel you. It's completely unfair."

"Yeah." Harry sighed as he carried his bag into the room. "There's a lot of that going round at the moment. So, what is this place?"

"It's headquarters," Ron answered, explaining why I saw people like Sirius Black sitting in the kitchen when I arrived. "Of the Order of the Phoenix. It's a secret society. Dumbledore formed it back when they first fought You-Know-Who."

Harry looked around the small room. "Couldn't have put any of this in a letter, I suppose? I've gone all summer without a scrap of news."

"We wanted to write, mate. Really, we did." Ron nervously shoved his hands in his pockets. "Only..."

"Only what?"

"Only Dumbledore made us swear not to tell you anything." Hermione spat it out, giving this information to Harry and me for the first time.

Harry stared at Hermione, his hair cut shorter than it was last year. "Dumbledore said that? But why would he keep me in the dark? Maybe I could help. I'm the one who saw Voldemort return...the one who fought him, who saw Cedric Diggory get killed."

"Harry." Fred and George popped into the room, making us all jump. "Thought we heard your dulcet tones. Don't bottle it up, though, mate. Let it out."