25 | Expecto Patronum

Heading through the trees as the moon started to show itself and the fog started to settle, we stopped when we could see the Whomping Willow in the distance. "Look. It's Lupin." Hermione pointed out as the man cast a spell on the large tree, settling it before entering the tunnel.

Not long after, Snape arrived as well. "And now we wait." Harry sighed.

Hermione and I nodded as we took a seat on the ground.  "And now we wait."

Hearing the sound of wings flapping, we turned just in time to see a colony of bats flying out of the Forest, a few of them being caught and eaten by Buckbeak. "At least someone's enjoying himself." I chuckled.

"Yeah." Harry agreed. "Guys?"

Hermione and I turned to him, sensing the seriousness in his tone. "Yeah?" Hermione gave him the verbal signal to continue speaking.

"Before, down by the lake, when I was with Sirius...I did see someone." Harry told us. "That someone made the dementors go away."

Hermione nodded. "With a Patronus. I heard Snape telling Dumbledore. According to him...only a really powerful wizard could have conjured it."

"It was my dad. It was my dad who conjured the Patronus."

"Harry, but your dad's-" I started.

"Dead. I know. I'm just telling you what I saw." Harry turned back to the tree just as the other versions of us emerged from the tunnel. "You see Sirius talking to me there?" Harry pointed. "He's asking me to come live with him."

I smiled, knowing that Harry's current home situation was terrible. "That's great."

"When we free him, I'll never have to go back to the Dursleys.'" Harry smiled, and I could tell he was picturing it in his mind. "It'll just be me and him. We could live in the country...someplace you can see the sky. I think he'll like that after all those years in Azkaban."

Staring out, we watched over again as the werewolf versus dog fight began. "Let's go," Harry told us as he started to take off. Coming to a clearing, we saw the werewolf heading towards the other Harry.

Cupping her hands around her mouth, Hermione started to make howling noises. "What are you doing?" Harry snapped.

"Saving your life." she howled a few more times, catching the werewolf's attention.

"Thanks." Harry was genuinely grateful for about two seconds. "Great. Now he's coming for us."

Hermione gulped. "Yeah, I didn't think about that. Run!"

Spinning on our heels, we sprinted off back into the forest, weaving in and out of trees before diving behind a large tree trunk and watching as the werewolf passed us by. Backing away, we didn't notice the large beast circle back around until he was directly behind us.

Just as the werewolf was about to claw us, Buckbeak sprung out of nowhere and fought it off. "That was so scary." Hermione buried her head into Harry's chest.

"Poor Professor Lupin's having a really tough night." Harry sighed.

Walking over, I wrapped my arms around Buckbeak's neck and whispered a 'thank you' to him for saving our lives. Not a moment later, the winds picked up and we spotted dementors heading towards the lake. "Sirius." Harry looked up at them. "Come on!"

Once at the opposite side of the lake, we watched as the dementors took turns sucking little bits of Harry's and Sirius' souls. "This is horrible." I pulled my hands up into my sweater sleeves.

"Don't worry," Harry told me. "My dad will come. He'll conjure the Patronus. Any minute now. Right there. You'll see."

As the dementors kept sucking, Hermione turned to Harry, her face stone cold. "Harry, listen to me. No one's coming."