41 | Something Worth Fighting For

"Caught this one trying to help the Weasley girl." Draco dragged Neville into Umbridge's office, along with quite a few others who they had already kidnapped.

"You were going to Dumbledore, weren't you?" Umbridge leaned in front of Harry, who was sitting in a chair and being interrogated.

Harry shook his head. "No."

"Liar." she slapped him hard across the face.

"You sent for me, headmistress?" Snape arrived in the doorway, just catching the end of the slap.

Turning to face him, Umbridge nodded. "Snape, yes. The time has come for answers, whether he wants to give them to me or not. Have you brought the Veritaserum?"

"I'm afraid you've used up all my stores interrogating students," Snape told her. "The last of it on Miss Chang."

We all looked to each other, instantly feeling bad for hating Cho when she had had no choice but to tell the truth. "Unless you wish to poison him..." Snape continued. "And I assure you, I would have the greatest sympathy if you did...I cannot help you."

"He's got Padfoot," Harry told Snape as he tried to leave the room. "He's got Padfoot at the place where it's hidden."

Umbridge furrowed her brows. "Padfoot? What is Padfoot? Where what is hidden? What is he talking about, Snape?"

"No idea." Snape lied, knowing exactly what Harry meant.

"Very well." Umbridge nodded. "You give me no choice, Potter. As this is an issue of Ministry security...you leave me with no alternative. The Cruciatus Curse ought to loosen your tongue."

"That's illegal," Hermione said.

"What Cornelius doesn't know won't hurt him." Umbridge pointed her wand at Harry.

"Tell her, Harry!" Hermione yelled out of nowhere.

Umbridge spun around. "Tell me what?"

"Well, if you won't tell her where it is...I will."

"Where what is?"

"Dumbledore's secret weapon."

And just like that, Umbridge left the room with Harry and Hermione, so we had to find a way to escape, but the way we did it wasn't very pretty. Running across the bridge with Ron, Neville, Luna and Ginny, we met up with Harry and Hermione who were no longer with Umbridge, so whatever they did worked. "How'd you get away?" Hermione asked.

"Puking Pastilles. It wasn't pretty." Ginny answered.

Ron handed Harry and Hermione their wands back. "Told them I was hungry, wanted some sweets. They told me to bugger off and ate the lot themselves."

Hermione smiled. "That was clever, Ron."

Ron, who was wearing a red plaid sweater, shrugged it off. "Has been known to happen."

"It was brilliant." Neville agreed. "So how are we getting to London?"

"Look, it's not that I don't appreciate everything you've done, all of you...but I've got you into enough trouble as it is," Harry told us.

Neville watched as Harry walked off. "Dumbledore's Army's supposed to be about doing something real. Or was that all just words to you?"

"Maybe you don't have to do this all by yourself, mate," Ron told his best friend.

Harry stared back at us before finally giving in. "So how are we going to get to London?"

"We fly, of course," Luna smirked, leading us into the forest and telling us to get on the magical creatures that we couldn't see. Harry explained to us that they were called Thestrals, but only people who had seen death could see them. They were what pulled the carriages.