52 | R. A. B.

Making our way through the crowded streets, the four of us weaved in and out of people as the traffic sped past and the light-up billboards provided advertisement and distraction to pedestrians. I had been there once before, and I knew it, but I couldn't remember when or why.

"Where are we?" Ron asked as we kept in a single file line.

"Shaftesbury Avenue," Hermione answered as to the location of where she had teleported us. "I used to come to the theatre here with mom and dad. I don't know why I thought of it. It just popped into my head. This way."

As we parted away from the crowds and down a dark back alley, Hermione insisted that we needed to change and started pulling full wardrobes for each of us out of her small purse. "Undetectable extension charm," Hermione said as Ron gave her a weird look.

"You're amazing, you are," Ron told her.

"Always the tone of surprise," she smirked as a tumbling sound came from inside the bag. "Ah. That'll be the books."

After changing into ordinary, everyday clothes, the four of us headed to a nearby diner where we could sit and discuss our plan. "What about all the people at the wedding?" Harry asked, thinking the exact same thing I was. "Do you think we should go back?"

"They were after you, mate." Ron reminded him. "We'd put everyone in danger by going back."

Walking over to us with a look of boredom, the waitress listened to music with one earbud in as she turned to us. "Coffee?"

We ordered four cappuccinos in hopes to keep us slightly more awake and alert, but at that moment the fear was working just fine. "So where do we go from here?" I asked, knowing now that there was no way we were going back to Ron's house. "Leaky Cauldron?"

"It's too dangerous." Hermione sighed. "If Voldemort has taken over the Ministry, none of the old places are safe. Everyone from the wedding will have gone underground, into hiding."

Harry groaned as two men walked into the diner. "My rucksack with all my things. I've left it at the Burrow."

Hermione shook her head as she gestured to her small purse. "I've had all the essentials packed for days, just in case."

"Down!" Harry yelled out of nowhere as the two men turned around at us, wands in their hands as they shot a spell at us.

Diving for the ground, I slid under another table as I fished my wand out. Harry managed to get rid of the first man, but when the second one popped up again from behind the counter, we all fired, shattering the glass of the display in the process.

Just then, the waitress came out of the backroom, her face horrified as she looked at the destroyed shop. "Go," Hermione told her. "Leave."

"Lock the door," Harry ordered. "Get the lights."

Using his delumintor, Ron pulled all of the light from the diner into the small device as Hermione and I locked the door and closed the blinds. "This one's name's Rowle." Harry stepped over to the first stunned man. "He was on the Astronomy tower the night Snape killed Dumbledore."

"This is Dolohov." Ron looked to the second man. "I recognize him from the wanted posters. So, what we gonna do with you, hey? Kill us if it was turned around, wouldn't you?"

"If we kill them, they'll know we were here." Harry tried to think as far ahead as he could to make sure we didn't do anything dumb.

Hermione looked to Ron, calling him back over to us. "Suppose he did Mad-Eye?" Ron asked us. "How would you feel then?"

"It's better we wipe their memories," Harry suggested.

"You're the boss." Ron nodded as he wiped some blood from Hermione's cheek. "Hermione...you're the best at spells."