46 | Even

"Unbreakable Vow." Ron gasped as we sat on the train, currently on our way back home for the holidays. "You're sure that's what Snape said?"

Harry nodded, having just explained to us the conversation he had heard between Snape and Draco the night of the Christmas party. "Positive. Why?" Harry leaned against the window of the train.

"It's just, you can't break an Unbreakable Vow," Ron said.

"I'd worked that much out for myself, funnily enough," Harry told Ron.

"You don't understand." Ron started but stopped when Lavender appeared outside of our compartment. Fogging up the glass with her breath, she then used her finger to draw a heart with R + L written in the middle.

Smiling at Ron, she waved before leaving again. "I miss you."

"Lovely." Harry turned to Ron, having had to just, like me, sit through one of the most uncomfortable things a person could have to sit through.

"Bloody hell." I laughed. "I know you say George and I are gross, but Ron...come on. Never in my life have I done that to someone and if I ever do, I want you to put me out of my misery. That is a...sad existence."

"All she wants to do is snog me," Ron complained. "My lips are getting chapped. Look."

Harry leaned back as Ron leaned in. "I'll take your word for it."

Walking past, Hermione was about to enter the compartment with us when she spotted the drawing on the window. She stared at it for a few seconds before turning and walking off again. Poor girl.

"So what happens to you?" Harry resumed the previous conversation. "What happens if you break an Unbreakable Vow?"

"You die."

Stepping foot back into the Weasley house felt exactly like coming home, which was one of the best feelings in the world. The house was decorated for Christmas with a tree, and other small little ornaments. Even Lupin and his wife, Tonks, who was the woman I recognized from the Order, had shown up for dinner.

"My dears!" Mrs. Weasley squealed when we arrived, pulling all four of us in for a hug. Hermione had gone to spend the holidays with her parents, and I was pretty sure she didn't want to be anywhere near Ron at that time, so it was just Harry, Ron, Ginny, and I.

Removing my light jacket, as it was quite warm with no snow whatsoever where the Weasleys lived, I hung it up on the coat rack as Ron jogged into the kitchen. "Ronald, have you told everyone about Lavender yet?" I laughed, knowing full well that he didn't want anyone in his family knowing about her.

Ron groaned instantly, glaring daggers at me from across the kitchen island. "Who's Lavender?" I heard two distinct voices say in unison as a pair of arms wrapped around my waist.

"Ron!" I gasped, still messing with him. "How could you not tell your family about your girlfriend, whom you love so much?"

"A girlfriend." Mrs. Weasley turned to Ron, dragging him into a conversation that he would have to struggle to get out of.

Fred gave me a cheeky wink as he walked over to the table. "Nice one."

"Ron's been a right foul git since we started school," I said loud enough so he could hear, making sure he knew that this was all payback for all the teasing he did to me about George. "However, he's brilliant on the Quidditch pitch. Better than even you two were, I'd say."

"Not possible." Fred and George shook their heads.

I laughed, spinning around to face George who was still holding me by the waist. "I think you two think you were better than you actually were."