16 | No Hogwarts Without Hagrid

Staring across at us as he sat at his desk, Dumbledore drew in a breath as we stood in his office; Fawkes sitting happily on his perch in the corner, having done his work for the day. "You three realize, of course, that in the past few hours, you have broken perhaps a dozen school rules." Dumbledore finally spoke.

Harry, Ron, and I kept our heads low. "Yes, sir," we whispered.

"There is sufficient evidence to have you all expelled."

"Yes, sir."

"Therefore, it is only fitting that you three receive...Special Awards for Services to the School."

The three of us looked to each other, smiles on our faces at the mere fact alone that we were not going to be expelled. "Thanks, sir," Ron said what we were all thinking.

Dumbledore nodded, his once stern expression turning into a small smirk. "Now, Mr. Weasley, Miss Rookwood, if you would have an owl deliver these release papers to Azkaban." he handed me a letter. "I believe we want our gamekeeper back."

"Right away." I nodded, accepting the task of helping Ron mail the letter to get Hagrid back. "Oh, and thanks again for not expelling us. I don't think my parents would have been too proud to find out I got kicked out during my second year."

Dumbledore chuckled slightly. "You, Miss Rookwood, along with these two young men, have shown much promise while here at Hogwarts. If anything, you're parents should be proud. I thank you once more for your brave actions, and on behalf of Mr. and Mrs. Weasley, for helping to save poor Ginny."

Nodding, I turned and headed out of the room with Ron by my side, walking straight to the owlery so we could deliver the message to Azkaban.

Not long after, Harry found us and told us all about the fact that Lucius Malfoy had slipped Tom Riddle's diary into Ginny's cauldron back at the book shop before the year had even begun. That man, along with his son, was simply pure evil.

Thankfully, though, there was always good in the world to counteract the evil.

_______________

Walking into the Great Hall a few evenings later, ready for the final meal at Hogwarts during year two, I sat down beside Harry and Ron and soon after, our other friends joined us as well. "Hello, Yavana." Fred and George spoke as they sat a little further down the table.

Turning to them, I waved. "Hello."

"We've been meaning to thank you and Harry for saving Ginny," Fred said.

George nodded. "She's a bit of a pain sometimes, but she's our sister."

"Guys." Ginny groaned.

"Harry." Neville's voice was high. "It's Hermione."

Twisting my head around to the doorway, I saw Hermione standing there. Jumping up, I ran over and pulled her in for a hug. "Oh, it's so good to have you back," I told her. "Please, don't ever get Petrified again. Being alone with Harry and Ron was exhausting."

Hermione chuckled before jogging over to the boys, giving Harry a hug and Ron an awkward handshake. "Welcome back, Hermione." Ron stuttered, seeming weirdly nervous.

"It's good to be back." Hermione smiled. "Congratulations. I can't believe you solved it."

"Well, we had loads of help from you." Harry gave her the credit that she deserved. "We couldn't have done it without you."

Tapping her spoon against her glass, McGonagall called for everyone's attention and the four of us sat down at the table again.

"Before we begin the feast, let us have a round of applause for Professor Sprout, Madam Pomfrey...whose Mandrake juice has been so successfully administered to all who had been Petrified," Dumbledore announced, followed by a round of applause. "Also, in light of the recent events...as a school treat...all exams have been cancelled."

That was when the real cheering began, and everyone but Hermione's face lit up. I should have known that she, of all people, would have been looking forward to exams.

Just then, the large doors opened and Hagrid walked in. "Sorry, I'm late. The owl that delivered my release papers got all lost and confused. Some ruddy bird called Errol." he mentioned the name of Ron's old owl. "And I'd just like to say that if it hadn't been for you, Harry, Ron, Yavana...and Hermione, of course...I would still be you-know-where...so I'd just like to say thanks."

"There's no Hogwarts without you, Hagrid." Harry stood up and gave Hagrid a hug, followed by another round of applause dedicated to Hagrid.

"Welcome back, Hagrid!" I cheered as Colin started snapping some more photos and students began surrounding Hagrid to give him a hug or handshake.

And just like that, as quickly as my second year had begun, it had come to an end. And though I had hoped at the beginning for a nice quiet year, I was happy that it turned out the way it did. Now my only concern was finding a way to make my third year just as─if not more─exciting than this one.

Ineffable | Harry Potter - George Weasley // COMPLETEDOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara