42 | Unbreakable Bond

Year 6 at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

Italy had happened. Well, for my parents, that is. They had just fallen in love with it so much that they sold our house in London and had moved over the summer, coming back to spend a few weeks with me before going. They had promised to visit again the summer after that and once I was done with schooling I was allowed to do whatever I wanted.

At first I was scared, because without the house in London I had no placed to live when I wasn't at Hogwarts. That was, until the Weasley's generously told me that over the summer and holidays one of their spare bedrooms was mine whenever I wanted to use it.

I really had a second family with them, and for that I was beyond thankful.

It was hard to think that I only had two years left at Hogwarts; especially when I could think back and remember so clearly what had happened on my very first day. Meeting Harry, Ron, and Hermione for the first time. Entering the Dining Hall for the first time. Spending my first night in the dormitories. Now it was almost all over.

There was one massive change now though, and that was the fact that Fred and George were no longer attending Hogwarts. Like I had said before, they were two years older than the rest of us, so they were done and over the summer had opened a joke shop in Diagon Alley, which was much needed considering how much destruction the Death Eaters were causing.

Sitting in one of the extra rooms with Hermione, the two of us were cleaning up a little when we heard Ginny calling up to us from the first floor of the oddly tall house, followed by an owl that wasn't Sonia.

"Is that an owl I heard?" Hermione asked, sticking her head out of the room door.

"You haven't seen him, have you?" Ginny asked.

I cocked a brow. "Seen who?"

"Harry. Apparently, he's wandering about the house."

"Really?" we all asked, rushing down the steps to find Harry standing in the kitchen.

Mrs. Weasley smiled. "Harry. What a lovely surprise! Why didn't you let us know you were coming?"

"I didn't know." Harry replied. "Dumbledore."

"Oh, that man! What would we do without him?"

Heading up the stairs into Ron's room, we all sat on the floor as Harry used his wand to burn a bit of paper as it floated in the air. "So when did you get here?" Harry asked Hermione and I.

"I, uh...kinda live here now." I answered. "Parents went to Italy, so I'm staying here until I'm done with school."

"A few days ago." Hermione sighed. "Though for a while, I wasn't sure I was coming."

Ron nodded. "Mum...sort of lost it, last week. Said Ginny and I have no business going back to Hogwarts. It's too dangerous."

"Oh, come on-" Harry started, somehow always feeling like Hogwarts was safe, even when it clearly wasn't.

"She's not alone." Hermione spoke up. "Even my parents, Muggles, know something bad's happening."

Ron sighed. "Anyway, Dad stepped in. Told us she was being barmy and...took a few days, but she came around."

"But, this is Hogwarts we're talking about." Harry noticed the worried looks on our faces. "It's Dumbledore. What could be safer?"

"There's been a lot of talk recently that...Dumbledore's got a bit old." I answered.

Harry scoffed. "What rubbish! Well, he's only...what is he?"

Ron shrugged. "Hundred and fifty. Give or take a few years?"