26 | Quidditch World Cup

Year 4 at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

Heading out of the Weasley household with a pack on my back and a slight drag in my step, I stared out at the mountains in the distance as the smallest sliver of the sun started to show itself. It was early─very early─but Ron's family had woken us all up─all being Harry, Hermione, myself, and even Ron─fed us breakfast and dragged us out of the house.

"Ron, where are we actually going?" I heard Harry ask as I walked in between the twins, Fred and George, who were a whole lot more awake than I was.

Over the summer, we had all changed quite a bit. More than the other summers, in fact. I was taller, much taller now, and was almost the same height as Harry. All of the boys had longer hair, and all of the girls, including me, simply just looked older. But that was what time did, right? Time changed things.

"Don't know," Ron grumbled. "Hey, Dad. Where are we going?"

"Haven't the foggiest." Ron's dad answered. "Keep up!"

A few moments later we came across another man in the middle of the woods with a pack on his back just like us. "Arthur!" he called as he smiled at Mr. Weasley. "It's about time, son."

"Sorry, Amos. Some of us had a bit of a sleepy start," Mr. Weasley told him. "This is Amos Diggory, everyone. Works with me at the Ministry. And this strapping young lad must be Cedric, am l right?"

Cedric, a boy about our age who had just dropped down from one of the trees, shook Mr. Weasley's hand. "Yes, sir. This way."

As we followed the boy, Cedric, I turned to George, or Fred...it was too early to tell the difference. "Am I seeing things or did he fall from a tree?"

"No, you're not seeing things." the one on my left shook his head.

The other one chuckled. "But you do look pretty out of it."

"I feel out of it." I groaned, stifling a yawn.

Once we were out of the woods, we climbed up to the top of a large hill where you could just barely see the sun peeking out from behind a set of dark clouds. Once at the top, we all gathered around an old boot at the top.

"Why are they all standing around that manky old boot?" Harry asked.

"That isn't just any manky old boot." Fred─I think─told him.

George nodded. "lt's a Portkey."

"What's a Portkey?"

"Time to go!" Amos called as we all grabbed onto the boot. "Ready! After three. One, two...three!"

On three, we all started spinning as we flew up into the sky, but after that it was all sort of a confusing flash of light before we had to let go and fall flat on our faces back on the ground. Looking up, I noticed Mr. Weasley, Amos, and Cedric all floating down nice and easy, laughing at the rest of us as we sat on our asses.

"I'll bet that cleared your sinuses, eh?" Mr. Weasley chuckled.

Once everyone was up, we climbed over a small hill, and on the other side was a crowd bigger than I had ever seen before. People on brooms flew overhead as music played in the background, lifting my spirits.

"Well, kids, welcome to the Quidditch World Cup!" Mr. Weasley announced. "Stay together! Keep up, girls!"

Making our way through the crowd, I felt myself start to wake up as people laughed and cheered, just generally having a good time. I had never been to the Quidditch World Cup before, but I had a feeling that I would want to be coming back.