55 | Godric's Hollow

Stepping out of the tent, the cool breeze hit my face, sending the loose strands of my blonde hair that weren't tucked away in my braid swishing around. We were camping by the shore now, our tent set up on the rocks inches away from the water, while large mountains surrounded us.

It was beautiful─absolutely breath taking─and if I had been there for any other reason, I would be admiring the view. But in that moment, seeing as we moved every day or so, I never really took the time to enjoy the landscapes. It seemed as if we had reached our all-time low. We had no more joy to feel.

Hermione was standing a few feet away, staring out at the view and still missing Ron. He had been gone a while now and we had no way to know if he had made it back home safely or not.

After packing up our supplies and getting ready to head out again, Hermione tied her scarf around a nearby tree, giving Ron a signal that we had been there in case he decided to join us again. Walking back over, we all linked hands before apparating to our next location.

When we landed, we were on the top of a mountain. The rocks had split, leaving large cracks between them and making it difficult to find a place to set up the tent, but eventually, we did it. At this point we never spoke to each other. Hermione cried a lot, I tried not to think about my parents or George and Harry did his best to keep us all on track.

As Harry cast the protection spells, Hermione and I sat inside listening to the radio; but instead of news it was old music. When Harry finally joined us, he sat down in the lone chair in the middle of the room, a lantern and kettle on the table beside him.

Standing up a few seconds later, Harry held his hand out to Hermione, knowing that she needed to be cheered up. Reluctantly, she took his hand as he removed the locket from around her neck and tossed it to the floor. He then led her back to the middle of the tent where the two of them started dancing, and as they did, smiles appeared on their faces and the music seemed happier.

"Come on." Harry motioned for me to join them, and soon enough the three of us were dancing like fools. For the first time in days, we were happy...but then it stopped. Hermione's face fell again and she stalked away, acting as if she had never smiled at all.

The next morning, Hermione and I were sitting outside, enjoying the fresh air, when Harry ran out. "Hermione? You were right!" excitement had returned to his voice as he held the Snitch up. "Snitches have flesh memories...but I didn't catch the first Snitch with my hand, I almost swallowed it."

Taking the Snitch from him, Hermione looked at the message that had appeared. "I open at the close." she read.

"What do you think that means?" Harry asked.

"I don't know." Hermione shrugged as she reached for the book that Dumbledore had given her and showed us a small drawing inside. "I found something as well. At first I thought it was an eye, but now I don't think it is. It isn't a rune, and it isn't anywhere in Spellman's Syllabary. Somebody inked it in. It isn't part of the book. Somebody drew it."

Inspecting the small triangle symbol with a circle in the middle and a line through it, Harry gasped. "Luna's dad was wearing that at Bill and Fleur's wedding."

"Why would someone draw it in a children's book?" I sighed, finding that more questions came with our new answers.

"Look, guys, I've been thinking." Harry started. "I want to go to Godric's Hollow. It's where I was born. It's where my parents died."

Hermione closed the book. "That's exactly where he'll expect you to go because it means something to you."

"Yeah, but it means something to him too." Harry reminded us. "You-Know-Who almost died there. I mean, isn't that exactly the type of place he'd be likely to hide a Horcrux?"