21 | Mischief Managed

Groaning, I tied my hair back into a messy ponytail after getting fed up with it whipping me in the face. The winds were strong and the rain poured down so hard it felt like small bullets on my skin. The clouds hung low, so low in fact that it seemed if you reached up, you could touch them. They were dark, too, making it seem like the middle of the night when it was in fact only the early afternoon.

But despite the bad weather, the whole school was still gathered in the stands, watching yet another Quidditch match. Gryffindor versus Hufflepuff.

"Go, Harry! Go, Harry!" Hermione cheered as her, Ron, and I stood, getting drenched as none of us thought to grab an umbrella, even though tons were flying around in the wind.

Just then, lightning struck some poor kid's broom, setting it on fire and sending him spiralling towards the ground fast. Harry, however, was currently heading high up into the clouds after the Golden Snitch. He and the other seeker disappeared into the dark clouds in seconds, leaving us all wondering what was going on.

Not long after, the other Hufflepuff seeker came crashing back down, his hair spiked and eyes wide, a sure-fire sign of being struck by lightning. "Where is Harry?" I tried to see if I could spot him, but I had to squint when looking up to avoid being pelted in the eye by the rain.

Not seconds later though, Harry came falling down as well, picking up speed as he parted with his broom. Luckily, Dumbledore was able to slow him down enough so when he landed, he wasn't badly hurt. He was unconscious though, much like he had been on the train, so we took him to the hospital wing.

Gathering around the bed, we all stood over Harry as his eyes finally fluttered open. "He looks a bit peaky, doesn't he?" Ron tried to stay positive.

"Peaky?" Fred turned to him. "What do you expect? He fell over one-hundred feet."

George huffed. "Yeah, come on, Ron. Let's walk you off the Astronomy tower and see what you look like."

"Probably a right sight better than he normally does," Harry smirked, his voice quiet as raspy.

Everyone chuckled slightly as Harry sat up. "How are you feeling?" I asked.

"Oh, brilliant," Harry answered.

"You gave us a right good scare there, mate." George sat down in the chair beside Harry's bed.

Harry groaned. "What happened?"

"Well, you fell off your broom," Neville explained.

"Really?" Harry gave Neville a 'duh' look. "I meant the match. Who won?"

No one answered that question, indicating that we had lost. "No one blames you, Harry," Hermione explained. "Dementors aren't supposed to come inside the grounds. Dumbledore was furious. As soon as he saved you, he sent them straight off."

"There's something else you should know too, Harry." Ron held the remains of Harry's broom in his hands, wrapped in a blanket. "When you fell, your broom sort of blew into the Whomping Willow, and...well..."

"You know, if we were all normal kids attending some stuck up private school in the heart of London, I would say better the broom than your bones." I chuckled. "But since bones can be easily mended and your broom is in a million pieces, I say instead...tough luck buddy."

George looked up at me. "He just fell from the sky like a raindrop and that's what you say to him? Way to make him feel better."

"What can I say?" I shrugged, smirking slightly at him and somehow ignoring everyone else in the room. "I have a soft spot for falling kids."