21

Katie: Cameron. what. happened.
Cameron: my dad happened. again.

katie's heart dropped just like her jaw.

Katie: y-your dad hits you? how often.
Cameron: almost everyday.
Katie: how did this happen?
Cameron: yesterday he was gone since the morning and i kairi came over because he wasn't home then i got a call from a bar he was at saying if someone didn't pick him up he would be arrested. he started a fight. i rushed to to the bar but got a lot of traffic so got there 2 hours later. i got there and they already arrested him. i had to drive to the police station where i lasted hours doing paper work, i had to pay to bail him, he had fines filed up, and he couldn't leave unless someone 18+ sighned some stuff and was present. i called my uncle and he came. there were 3 cars so my uncle took him in his car. i went in my car. we are going to pick up my dads car today. i got super tired bc it was like 3 am so i stopped for food, came across mattia, got interrupted, slept a bit, and got back home. my uncle dropped him off already so i got home and i kinda got really mad because he screamed at me for taking a long time. i screamed at him and he beat me to the floor till i was unconscious. that's it.

Katie: h-holy shit, i- i am so sorry cameron. how could anyone do this to you. does your mom know?
...
Katie: Cameron??
Cameron: my mom is dead, Katie. she's dead.
Katie: i am so sorry i didn't know.
Cameron: no one knows katie. it's okay. please dont tell anyone. i don't need pity. or attention.
Katie: but-
Cameron: katie..
Katie: okay fine, i'm sorry this is all happening to you babe

she got closer and hugged u. you sorta hugged back.

Cameron: thank you katie, it kinda feels nice to tell someone. you are the first person.
Katie: are you serious?
Cameron: yup
Katie: woah, how long has this been going on
Cameron: after my mom died, my dad became and abusive alcoholic. so when i was around 11.
Katie: woah i am so sorry
Cameron: it's uh fine

it was awkward for a second until katie breaks the scilence.

Katie: well you are all wrapped up, no more bleeding. i think you are good for now. do u wanna skip?
Cameron: thanks again. and i can't. if i skip one more time i get into deep shit.
Katie: awe okay, well let's get back to class.

she stands up and holds out her hand. u take her hand and stand up with her help. she carried your backpack all the way to class

CAMERONS THOUGHTS
she's really nice. it felt good to get that shit off my chest. i know i can trust katie too. i don't know why, but i can feel it.

why is she carrying my backpack ?

she is so nice
END OF THOUGHTS

katie: okay lets go in

you both walk in and the whole class stares at you both. the teacher didn't notice so you sit down and try to do work but couldn't concentrate.
it wasn't your bruises or anything.

you were just..

nervous.

you put down your pencil and go on your phone.

Katie: you good?
Cameron: yeah totally. i'm fine.

you give her a weak but sweet smile. she smiles back and turns to the board. you listen to music and the rest of class goes by.

LUNCH

Katie: can i maybe sit with you today?
Cameron: katie you don't have to sit with me because you feel bad. go ahead, do your thing.
Katie: no actually i uh, really wanted to sit next to you. not because of the incident
Cameron: i mean-
Mattia: what incident

he says as he slams his tray down on the table. you look at him in disgust.

Cameron: nothing
Mattia: say it
Cameron: tf you want polibio?
Mattia: why were you late last period with katie??
Cameron: cause we wanted to
Mattia: liar
Cameron: i speak nothing but facts boo
Mattia: you seem a lil sus
Cameron: u seem a lil ugly
Mattia: ha no, u wish you had all this.
Cameron: gtfo of my face polibio

he sighs and gets his tray. he sits with his friends. you look over and see kairis head down. you knew exactly why.

Katie: so i was thinking, how about today after school we go to the mall and shop a bit?
Cameron; i wish, mattia is making me go to his house.
Katie: ouuuuu
Cameron: NO
Katie: no what?
Cameron: don't even think about it katie
Katie: oh so you were thinking the same thing huh😏
Cameron: ew that's gross, i'm only going over because he said he would leave me alone. i wanna get away from him.
Katie: sounds like a dick appointment to me
Cameron: katieeee
Katie: hahaha okay okay i'll stop, but something about you guys just.. makes sense. you would honestly be a cute couple. the vibes bbetween you two would be great.
Cameron: no no no no and no. plus, i aint looking for a relationship. guys ain't shit and thas how it's finna stay.
Katie: whats his name?
Cameron: who?
Katie: they guys that broke your heart. what's his name?
Cameron: oh uh.. Andrew. Andrew Wilson. he moved tho. we didn't end well.
Katie: asshole.
Cameron: on god though.
Katie: so is he the reason you don't wanna date?
Cameron: eh he just opened my eyes and made me realize that guys are a distraction.
Katie: that's fair.

you guys laugh and continue to eat.

.