60

"hey do you have any wax?"

you turn around and see the tall, pale, curly haired boy.

"uh yeah sure" you take out the wax from your backpack and toss it to the boy.

"thanks" he politely says.
he glides stick of wax on the edge of the concrete and a hands it back to you.

"it's mar" he says.
"who" you reply
"me" he confidently says in a low voice
"asked" you smirk and put the wax back in your backpack.

the boy seemed a bit hurt. you couldn't help but feel a bit bad.
"cam. cameron" you slightly smiled as you tighten your board.
"nice to meet you, uh i saw you skating out there. you are uh really good." he shyly says.
"thanks" you remember watching him from a distance and seeing he was frustrated because his board was loose. you looked up at him and saw him looking at your tool.

you hand him the tool and he smiles.

"thanks" he takes the tool and tightens the nut at the center of the truck.

he sits down next to you and you take his board and set it on your lap so it's easier for him to handle and tighten the trucks.

he slightly smiles and tightens the nuts.
he hands you the tool and you slide it into your backpack.

"anything else" you laughed.
"no thank you, uh nice meeting you".

you nod your head and see him skate alone. you stared at him for a while watching his form and his tricks. it needed work but he was good.

he was still very alone. like nobody was there to teach him. or give him company.

you slide you board on the floor and skate over to him.

"try bending you knees a little more. and have confidence when doing it. don't be scared".
he smiled and gave it a couple more tries. you showed him how to tailslide. he couldn't get it quite right at first but finally did it.

when he landed he skating over to you and you gave him a high-five and hugged him.

"YES YOU DID IT BRO" you hyped him up.

you both laughed and sat down.

"how long have you been  skating?" mar murmured.

"about 6 years, you?"
"1 year" he said.

"you are doing great" you smiled.

usually you wouldn't be so nice but you liked this kids vibe. he was shy and quiet but you wanted to get him comfy and get to know him. make him feel at home.

"wanna go get snacks?" you said. referring to the small store down the street.

he hesitated a bit.

"sure" he smiled.

-

y'all ain't ready for this one🙈

it's bouta get juicy soon.

.