43

kairi: im cold, what time is it.
Mattia: 11:32pm.
Ale: damn we should get going.
Troy: for real, it's also cold asf.

they get out and you stay in the water.

kairi: why aren't you getting out?
Cameron: turn around.
Kairi: fine.

all the boys turn around and you hop on the dock.

mattia turns around watching you in awe

damn

you put his shirt on because it dried. it fit big but still looked good.

she looks good in my clothes.
damn it mattia, stop.

he turns back around trying to stop himself.

Cameron: okay done.

Ale: ight let's go

you guys all dry off and walk to the rooms.
you go directly into your room and look at yourself in the swim suit without the shirt.

i did it.

you stare at your body and the more you stared the uglier it looked.

your hands traveled up to your chest and you grabbed your breasts wishing your body looked different. your hands went down to your waist and glided along your curves.

i don't wanna be me

you see your body and rub the excess make up that didn't come off in the water. it was faded with a mix of blue, purple, and orange.

you gripped your stomach as you got flashbacks of the night you bailed your dad out of jail. the night you got beat. the night he broke your spirit.

all of a sudden the door swung open revealing the short 5'4 boy coming in as his eyes widened.

Kairi: Hey the boys asked if you wanna go ea- oh my god cameron what happened.

you immediately grab the shirt and cover your exposed and damaged body.

kairi strides to the door and locks it.

Cameron: nothing
Kairi: BULLSHIT CAMERON. WHAT HAPPENED.
cameron: I SAID NOTHING
kairi: IT DOENST LOOK LIKE NOTHING, It LOOKS LIKE YOU GOT BEAT BY A DAMN GORILLA.
cameron: kairi get out
Kairi: no
Cameron: KAIRI I SAID GET OUT.

with that sentence you were on the verge of tears.

Kairi: no

he said that in such a soft tone.

Cameron: please- please just leave.

kairi sits on the edge of your bed and pats your bed signaling to sit down.

Kairi: cameron what happened. and dont say nothing. and don't lie. i know you.
Cameron: i don't know how to explain kairi
Kairi: do your best
Cameron: i uh, my dad- the other day- he was mad- a- when my mom died- i- he lashed out- i screamed.

you kept stuttering on your words and couldn't get them out.
kairi put the pieces together.

Kairi: cameron, does your dad hit you?
Cameron: y-yes.

right when those words escaped your mouth kairi hugged you so fast you almost flinched. you felt so loved.

Kairi: why didn't you tell me sooner?
Cameron: i dont like attention and bringing my problems to someone else. it makes me feel selfish.
Kairi: then dont. since when has he been doing this?
Cameron: almost 7 years.

kairis face dropped with pity.

Kairi: i am so sorry cam.

Cameron: it's okay.
Kairi: who else knows?
Cameron: troy, katie, and my big brother figure jacob. now you.
Kairi: have you ever tried getting help?
cameron: no
Kairi: why
Cameron: i already lost one of my parents, loosing another one even though i despise him would bring me down more. i can't go through that again kairi.
kairi: i completely understand

you slightly at him and he smiles back.

Cameron: can i tell you something
Kairi: yeah of course
Cameron: im sorry for cutting you off, i was mad at the moment. the night before i lashed out on you, i had to bail my dad out of jail, stay up for ours, drive for hours, got an hour of sleep, and he beat me to the floor unconscious. it wasn't my best moment. i had so much anger built up in me. i lashed out on you for no reason. i'm sorry. i couldnt control my emotions. i knew it was wrong the whole time but i couldn't stop myself. the whole time i was begging you to stay. i didn't want you to leave me too. you don't know how much i regret it. w-will you forgive me?

kairi let out a sigh of relief. he gave you a small smile.

kairi: it's okay cameron. i get it.
cameron: so we good?

kairi smiles

Cameron: we good.

you two hug and you felt like you haven't had a hug in years. you left loved and relived.

kairi: wanna go eat? the boys are waiting
cameron: sure.

you guys go downstairs and eat at the cafeteria. you all talk and laugh and stay there for hours. you felt weight off your shoulders.

i can tell im going to love these boys with all my heart.

friendship.

.