61

you get a bag of chips and a blueberry slushy. you see mar looking at all the prices.

"hey you ready?" you smile.
"yeah" he responds.

you look down and don't see anything in his hands.

"you didn't get anything" you question.
"forgot my wallet" he whispers shyly.
"nah i got you" you nudge his arm.
"no really it's okay" he pleads.
"get something or i will get something for you" you demanded.
"i swear i'm not even that hungry" you walk off before he can finish his sentence. you go over to the slushee machines and grab another slushee and pick out a random bag of chips from the shelf along with a chocolate bar. you hand it to him roughly but with pure intentions.

"i see your ready, let's go". you walk over the the cashier and pay for everything.

"thank you"
"nah it's no big deal".
"no, really... thank you" he spoke.
"yeah, man any time..." you respond with a weird look on your face trying to figure out why he was acting so weird.

you guys walk pack to the skateparks with your boards and the bag of snacks calmly. you both sit at a bench and look at the skaters.

"so you from around here?" you say trying to spark conversation.
"yeah, you?"
"yeah" you smile realizing how awkward it was.

"are you usually always this shy?" you laugh looking at him.
"i guess, i don't really take myself as a shy person"
"well you are really shy for this this tall, skater, curly haired boy, not to mention handsome-"

you stopped at the words that just came out of your mouth.

mar's face turns into a light pink color upon his pale face. he lightly laughs at your regretful expression.

"holy shit you must think i'm this weird ass person now, crap. i'm sorry" you weep.

"no no no it's fine haha" he looks down and smiles while playing with his fingers.

you both take a sip of your slushee and sit back in awkward silence once again.

"agree to never speak of the moment ever again" you say holding out you hand.

mar looks over with his hazel eyes and smiled with a small giggle following.

"agree" he laughed.

you guys shake on it and finish your food.

5 MINUTES LATER.

"wanna go skate?" you ask.
"duh" he picks up his skate boards and goes over to the bowl and goes side to side while you throw away your trash.

you approach him with a big smile.

"ready?"

"ready".

35 MINUTES LATER.

"ight i should be heading home"

"can i walk you there?" he says.

you gave him a weird look. saying "in a couples way or a friend way".

"oh no, not like that. just wanna make sure you get home safe is all".

"that sounds amazing" you laughed.
he walks you home and on the way you talk about the randomest shit ever. but mar wasn't weirded out, he knew how to keep the conversation going and he was interested and so were you about him.

you both finally get to your house.

"same time tomorrow?" you suggest.

you have never seen a smile as big as the one on mars handsome face.

"that sounds great" he smiles.
"cool, bye loser".

a shy chucked escaped his mouth. he liked that type of interaction. the goofy, "loser, dummy, idiot, stupid, fucktard, rat, bro, bruh" kind of friendship.

"bye dummy" he playfully insulted back.

you walk into your house and immediately check the peephole and see mar twisting his board on the ground smiling and walking off. like this one ray of sunshine just brightened his day.

.