You are my Sunshine

June 23, 2020

~EDITED~

*Word Count: 1.1K*

Warning: A little mention of drugs

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

3rd POV

You knew something was wrong with Spencer but he wouldn't tell you what. You didn't want to push him so you just let him know you were there everyday whether it was sitting quietly in the same room or holding his hand.

You wanted to ask Derek what was going on but you knew that Spencer would feel betrayed that you went behind his back so you did everything you could to make him feel better. You didn't think you were doing anything but in his eyes you were doing everything even when you sat with him quietly, you made him want to continue living. You made him feel like himself again.

You knew it was way worse then you expected when Morgan called you telling you to come down to the BAU because Spencer was having withdrawal symptoms.

Withdrawal symptoms? You thought to yourself. Spencer doesn't do drugs.

You quickly drive to the BAU not bothering to take the elevator and using the stairs.

You ran in with a worried expression and saw the team crowding the bathroom.

"What's going on?" You asked everyone.

"He's not talking to anyone Y/n." JJ says sadly.

"He said he was in pain and he looked sick," Emily started.

"then he just ran into the bathroom and locked the door." Penelope said with a frown.

"And how long has this been going on?" You ask looking at the team, they avoided eye contact. You looked at Derek and he had guilt written all over his face.

"Morgan I told you to tell me if anything bad was happening to him to tell me." You said with hurt in your eyes.

"Y/n-" He started but you raised your hand cutting him off.

"I'm sorry, it's not your fault, it's all my fault. I'm a horrible girlfriend." You put your head in your hands, taking a deep breath you look back up at the team, "for fucks sake I didn't even know that my own boyfriend was doing drugs." You said tearing up.

The team tries to comfort you but you shook your head. Taking a deep breath and composing yourself. This wasn't about you this was about him so you walked towards the bathroom door and sat down on the ground with your back against it.

What you guys didn't know was that on the inside of the bathroom Spencer was already staring at the door. "Hey, Spence. You don't have to come out yet. But I just want to let you know that you have an amazing team out here who cares about you deeply and is worried about you baby. Since you feel you can't talk to me about it I want you to always talk to them because they'll probably understand better." You said sniffling. He still said nothing so you then started to sing a song that you always sang to him when he was sad.

You are my sunshine, my only sunshine
You make me happy when skies are gray
You'll never know dear, how much I love you
Please don't take my sunshine away

You finished. Resting your hand on the door, "I love you Spence, they'll be here until you're ready to come out." You said slowly getting up.

Penelope was sobbing while the rest of the team was tearing up having sad looks upon their faces. You didn't think Spencer needed you anymore because he couldn't even talk to you. Like he didn't trust you. You weren't mad, you were upset but not at him. You were upset that you couldn't help him. You were upset that he was hurting and you could do nothing. So without anyone's knowledge you said your goodbye.

As you were about to get into the elevator. A pair of arms wrapped around you, holding you tight. You knew who it was by the familiar scent you loved.

You were holding back your tears as you stayed still. "You said 'they'll'. You didn't say 'we'. Are you leaving me?" Spencer said with a sad look on his face.

You blinked away your tears and turned around smiling sweetly at Spencer. "You don't need me anymore Spence. You have a great family who cares about you and who loves you. They'll always be there for you no matter what."

"If that's what having a family is then that makes you apart of my family too Y/n. You've always been my family. You've always been my home." Spencer said, tears streaming down his face.

You placed your hand on his cheek, "You don't need me baby. I can't even help you anymore. I don't deserve you, I didn't even know you had a drug addiction! If that doesn't show how horrible of a girl/boyfriend/partner I am then what does?" You said finally allowing the tears to fall down your face.

"I need you. I will always need you. You've helped me so much. You're the reason I'm still living and breathing. You're the only reason why I want to be alive. You're my life Y/n! You help me all the time, when you hold my hand, when you make me food, when you wake up before me just so you can make me coffee and when you're just near me even if we aren't talking. I know you're there and that helps me greatly. When it's a dark day, Y/n you- you're my sunshine." Spencer said pulling you closer to him crying onto your shoulder.

"Don't leave me. I need you. I promise I'll tell you everything. I do trust you I just don't want to put my problems on you because I want our times together to be happy." He said into your shoulder.

"Not every couple is happy 24/7 Spence. We'll have our hardships and we'll help each other whenever we need it. I won't leave you. If I left you I wouldn't be able to live. You're my other half Spence. I'm so sorry for not noticing anything sooner." You said ashamed.

Spencer pulled away from you, cupping your face in his hands and shaking his head. "Hey, you have absolutely nothing to be sorry about I chose not to tell you about my problems, that's my fault."

"But I-" He cuts you off.

"This has nothing to do with you. You're the only reason why I think I can get though this understand? You mean the world to me Y/n." Spencer said while you nodded and pulled him closer to you, hugging him.

"I love you so much Y/n." Spencer said into your hair.

"I love you more Spence." You said hugging him tighter.

"That's impossible." Spencer said smiling.

"Anything is possible if you just believe." You said. Both of you chuckling about your reenactment of the first time you both said I love you.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

a/n:

edit: this isn't that goof but i'm gonna leave it up anyway lollll