Friends?

September  27, 2020

~EDITED~

a/n:

request from @suckerforthebau

y/f/r: your favorite restaurant

this one's pretty long over 4k words. Also I didn't read over all of it so I apologize in advance for any mistakes you find. Feel free to point them out and I'll fix them right away!

*Word Count: 4.5K*

Warning: None

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Your POV

Spencer and I have been together for 5 years but throughout the last couple weeks he's been distant. He always hangs out with some doctor named Maeve. I don't think much of it because he always says that they're just friends and she visits the BAU sometimes.

My brain is trying to block these feelings out but deep down I know that as every day passes he's falling out of love with me. I don't know if he's cheated on me physically, I really hope he hasn't but I'm positive he's cheated on me emotionally.

I know it's unhealthy to stay in this relationship but I love him so much. It would hurt even more to leave him. That's what happens when you've been with someone for so long. So here I am trying to savor every second of everyday that Spencer gives me until he finally has the guts to leave me.

I didn't think it would be this soon. "Y/n." Spencer said.

I looked up at him smiling. "Hey Spence!" I said walking closer.

"Can I talk to you? In private?" He asked not looking at me instead looking behind me. I took a subtle glance behind me and saw Maeve and Spencer look at each other. My face fell but I quickly hid it with a smile. "Oh um... y-yeah. Of course." I said.

He turned and walked into a secluded area. He opened the door for me so I walked through and leaned on the table.

"So what'd you want to talk about?" I asked smiling.

He looks at me with pure sadness. "There is no easy way to say this Y/n." Spencer says looking away. He looks back up at me with tears in his eyes.

"I- I'm falling out of love with you." He says wiping away a tear that fell.

There it was.

My heart felt heavy in my chest and my eyes began to tear up but I refused to let the tears fall. I look away taking a deep breath before speaking. "I know." I said smiling at him sadly.

Spencer's heart broke. He moved closer to me. "I am so sorry. It has nothing to do with you, I promise."

"Can I ask you something?" I asked. He nodded. "Of course."

"Did you ever cheat on me with her? Physically?" I asked.

"I- no. W-well there was just one kiss. That was the only time I swear!" He stuttered.

I nodded my head then got up to leave. "Wait." Spencer said.

I turned around. "Can I get one last good bye hug?" Spencer asked. I felt angry. How could he ask something like that after what just happened but of course me being me I agreed.

I nodded. "Sure." He walked up to me slowly then hugged me as if I would break. "I'm so sorry Y/n. Thank you for being so understanding." Spencer said as I felt tears hit my shoulder.