Friends? (Pt. 2)

October 7, 2020

~EDITED~

a/n:

part 2 to 'Friends?' I hope you guys enjoy!!

*Word Count: 1.6K*

Warning: None

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Your POV

It's been a couple months since I've last been to the BAU. 2 months since I've last seen or talked to Spencer. I constantly keep up and check on the team especially with a certain brunette.

Things between Emily and I have been going very well. I just don't want to jump right into another relationship. She's been there for me and really cares about me.

I haven't seen Emily or the others for a few weeks so today I decided to surprise them, especially Emily. I talked to JJ before hand and asked if Spencer was at work. She told me that he would leave at 11:00 and be back in exactly 34 minutes.

It's 10:55 and I'm about to go in to meet Emily. When it hits 11 I get out of my car and walk inside the building. I head in the elevator all the way to the BAU floor. I stepped through the elevators and I couldn't see anyone from where I was standing.

I turned my head because I thought I saw someone when I accidentally bump into a tall figure. I dropped my bag and the figure in front of me starts apologizing.

I look up and realize it's Spencer. His eyes widened, mirroring mine. "Y/n." He said shocked.

By now the other members of the team were here watching us. Hotch told everyone to stop being nosy and make themselves busy. Hotch goes to his office, Rossi following after. While the others not so subtly continued to watch us.

"Hey...Spencer." I responded smiling awkwardly.

"Long time no see. How have you been?" Spencer asked.

"Yeah, I've been alright. You?" I questioned.

"Same here. I've been trying to contact you- and you have every right to say no to this but do you think I could talk to you privately? I have some things I've wanted to say and I know you've been ignoring me and I can't blame you but I would really love it if we could talk. If you'd like." Spencer rambled.

Can I talk to Spencer? Will I try to go back to him? I really love what I have going on with Emily and Spencer is with someone. I can do this, this conversation isn't that bad. I don't feel any way towards him right now. You know what? I'll do it. I can do this. I thought to myself. 

"Uh, yeah. Sure, right now?" I asked.

"If you have time now would be perfect." Spencer said smiling a little.

"Alright." I said nodding. I could feel Emily and the others staring at us intensely. I make eye contact with her and give her a sweet smile. She returns it but I could see a hint of sadness.

"Great, let's go some where more private." Spencer turned towards the briefing room and I followed behind. He opened the door and let me in.

"Thanks."

"Of course." I sat on a chair and Spencer brought a chair and sat in front of me after closing the door. Giving us more privacy.

3rd POV

"Um,  well how have you been?- wait I already asked that. I-I'm sorry let me start over.-" Spencer stuttered.

Y/n cut him off. "Spencer, relax. Take a deep breath and calm down." Y/n said giggling.