IV

Once the young prince and his entourage were led inside the palace, the heavy doors slammed shut behind them, isolating them from the dusty village and its inhabitants. They instead were revealed to the luxurious insides of the royal Silla palace, the beautiful home of Emperor Min Yoongi and his royal court.

Taehyung has heard a few stories about that king, grasped when he was leaning against a wooden door in secret while listening to his father and his uncle talking about the 'imbecile of a tyrannic Silla King' just when Min Yoongi has stepped onto the throne and was declared King.

Min Yoongi has been the tender age of sixteen back then and Taehyung was only nine so he didn't quite understand why they were fearing a teenager, someone who was only seven years older than he was. Taehyung back this time hasn't understood how dangerous this boy would become and would be known as the Scar King soon after.

Now, Taehyung was twenty and not as innocent as he has been before but all these fairytales ranked around the mysterious King have made him curious on finding out what was the truth. Not every single story could be true, he couldn't be a fire spitting warrior with a long silver sword that cut through heads faster than light.

Yet Taehyung was intrigued by these fairytales and wanted to see for himself but he forgot that no foreigner was possibly allowed entrance towards the King and his shoulders merely slumped. The bald man has been indeed a member of the royal advisors and shown the prince his quarters while his servants were taken elsewhere except for Hoseok who was also a personal guard and told to never leave Taehyung's side.

Kim Taehyung was the Paekche King's brother's son, his Cousin Park Jimin being the next heir to the throne who was also his dearest friend, so close since diaper days and it was actually his first longer time away from Jimin. Hoseok has been personally ordered by the Crown Prince to keep an eye on the dreamy poet and he was determined to keep this promise.

But he also didn't know what was awaiting them in the Silla palace and what hidden dangers were waiting for them to be discovered. The King alone kept more secrets than Taehyung could ever imagine.

°°°

A total count of five days later, Taehyung has adjusted to the lazy movements of the palace and found himself growing comfortable with the new environment while Hoseok stayed on edge all the time. While Taehyung was being open minded and easily made friends with the royal court members and advisors who soon started to grow a liking for the young poet and loved listening to his poems.

Hoseok on the other side was not having it, feeling the threatening shadow of the Scar King moving into the picture every then and now and it left him terrified for his Prince's safety. The royal advisors all seemed somehow on the edge but nothing was scaring him more than the King's personal advisor who was also sent to teach Taehyung.

The man's name was Kim Namjoon and whenever he was close by, Hoseok felt terrified to the core from how close this man was to the tyrannical King, the almost second powerful man in the kingdom if he was allowed to be called this way. Namjoon was a tall, very intelligent male and he was nothing but polite and courteous towards the young poet but the way his eyes lingered on him a bit longer, proved something different to Hoseok.

Namjoon was targeting on Taehyung, never leaving him alone out in the royal court and always guiding him to make sure he possibly couldn't see anything he wasn't suppose to see. He might be a guest but he was still part of a enemy kingdom, a possible spy so there was no way he would be allowed to wander off alone.

Which was why he was always accompanied.

Taehyung wasn't bothered by that, much to Hoseok's dismay and rather enjoyed the difference in his surroundings, especially finding pleasure in sitting near the large beautiful fountain in the main yard, reciting poems or creating some of his own.

It soon developed into other intellectuals joining him and reciting poems or listening to his calming deep voice. The presence of this beautiful poet looking like reincarnation of beauty himself immediately started to travel through the whole palace.

Until it also reached the ears of none other than the King.

Yoongi has actually wanted to ignore the Prince as much as possible as he wasn't keen in meeting another royal from a different kingdom and be questioned where his brother was, a possible spy and threat to his power sitting right in front of his eyes but these stories surprised him. He was surprised to hear from even his closest advisor Namjoon from this poet.

"I don't know what's this thing about him that makes him interesting, if You want to know, Your Majesty. He's simply infatuating", Namjoon was told to express his feelings about this strange Prince, report his expression on the young poet.

Yoongi was sitting in front of him on his throne, playing with long feline fingers while he has fixed his eyes onto the large main yard where he could spot a figure sitting on the large beautiful fountain in the middle. He saw long shimmering brown hair, a lean figure bending over a book in a small lap and by his side a few of his own advisors.

"Even my own intellectuals keep swarming him like he's some sort of light", Yoongi growled out angrily, he hated that another royal being was here, taking his power away. Maybe he had to get rid of this annoying prince before he could change the politics of his palace.

"Make sure he cannot wander off alone anytime and don't tell him important things. Keep him busy", Yoongi instructed Namjoon who bowed respectfully deep. "Yes, Your Majesty", Namjoon was waiting to be released from the room by his King until Yoongi spoke up again.

"What was the boy's name again?", he asked, seemingly uninterested but his sharp eyes never once left the poet sitting below him. "Kim Taehyung, Your Majesty. He is the cousin of Park Jimin and second son of Kim Minjun", Namjoon informed the blond man who hummed in response, hawk eyes narrowing the slightest.

"I'll make an impression myself about that boy. Let's see who Kim Taehyung really is. And if he dares to go against me or try to bring me down in my own palace, I'm having his head rolling on the floor", Yoongi then announced before waving his hand and excusing Namjoon from the room.

A small dark smirk formed on his face when he reached out for his sword, a dragon blade, one of the most expensive swords to make.

"Coming into my kingdom was your worst decision, little prince. I'll show you what a real lion looks like."

~

I'm so thrilled for their upcoming meeting you have NO IDEA

Ela_koo