VIII

Taehyung was bending over a wooden cupboard where he was writing on a sheet of paper, a recent poem he wanted to write down since some longer time and he was eager to send it to his cousin for his amusement. Jimin loved receiving poems from Taehyung and while the prince was writing the words down in gorgeous Chinese, Hoseok was holding the board for him.

It was until shadows fell over their bending figures that Taehyung realized they have been watched. Once this sunk into his mind, the poet lifted his head, this time dressed in elegant sky blue clothing and hair messily but gorgeously framing his face and shoulders.

"Y-Your Majesty", Hoseok was faster to realize who was standing in front of them, dropping to the ground to do a full on bow while Taehyung stayed frozen in his spot, staring terrified up to the two approaching them.

One of them was Kim Namjoon, the King's closest advisor and also the one to be always with Taehyung whenever he requested in going out. The other one was none other than the Scar King himself. It was the first time Taehyung saw Min Yoongi out in the daylight but seeing him like this was even more terrifying to him.

The first thing he noticed about the King was the long horrific scar on his face, sliced on the right side of his face. It was red, the skin around it irritated as if it has been sliced open just hours ago which confused Taehyung as the man has been known far longer as the Scar King.

"I'm surprised to see you out here, all alone", was the first thing Yoongi said towards Taehyung, not even acknowledging the kneeling servant on the ground because his eyes were only fixed on Taehyung. Namjoon on the other side gently offered Hoseok to lift his head again, far less terrifying than his powerful accompany.

"I-I only searched for a place to sit, Your Majesty", Taehyung timidly replied, clutching onto the wooden board sitting on his lap which Yoongi of course noticed and he tilted his head, looking like a hawk analyzing its prey. "In such an uncomfortable spot?", he asked with raised brows and Taehyung tried his best not to stare at the scar.

He gulped before agreeing to the question with a tiny nod of his head. Gone was the confident and relaxed man from the past night and left was his anxiety to be killed for disrespecting the King. Yoongi on the other side felt irritated by the sudden display of fear, he somehow wanted to see the confident poet everyone was talking about.

What was so different about him that Taehyung wouldn't dare to loosen up? It bothered him to be treated differently, for the first time since a long decade. "What were you writing?", he then proceeded to ask, Hoseok to Taehyung's side squirming because he wanted to protect his prince but wouldn't dare to speak up in the lingering presence of the Scar King.

Being so close to this terrifying man felt different than hearing these horror stories about him and Hoseok realized it was because the Scar King was real and not just a mystery, standing in front of them and eyeing his beloved prince like a piece of meat.

All these stories about the monster living hidden in the palace, torturing his subjects and making them cower in fear felt a lot more realer now that the protagonist of these tales was standing right in front of them, casual outside gown on his body, long pale hair pulled together in a royal cord, with the advisor by his side.

It was left to Taehyung to answer, staring down at his board timidly. "I was writing down a poem", he then whispered timidly, not daring to look into the man's pitch black eyes. When he has first took a glance of these eyes, he has felt any warmth being absorbed into these orbs before it was turned into darkness.

This was not a man to be messed with and Taehyung was so aware of his past mistake that it tightened his chest. "Oh? Care to elaborate it to me?", the King proceeded to continue the conversation which made Taehyung squirm, the danger of the moment transparent to him.

"U-um, I was writing it for my cousin, Your Majesty. He loves my poems", Taehyung said in an attempt to sound somewhat strong but it failed miserable when he heard the almost inaudible roar coming from the King. "Every paper sent to another kingdom first has to be investigated, young prince. I hope you're not telling him any secret you might've noticed because that would be fraud and I can have your head for that", Yoongi mercilessly spat and Taehyung felt his heart drop.

This dangerous conversation just turned into a much darker direction and he panicked. "No, no, I would never do that, Your Majesty! Simply expressing my feelings in my poem, nothing more!", he hurried to say, bowing his head in respect. Yoongi smirked inside his head, somehow feeling pleased to force the pretty male into submission.

Because no matter how hard Taehyung would try, he would never be as powerful as Yoongi. He could demand for the poet's head if he wished so or turn him into a slave to enjoy. "Give me the paper", Yoongi purred out and Taehyung shakily took the thin paper into his hand before offering it to the King.

And had to watch how it was ripped into pieces just in front of his eyes.

Taehyung felt tears welling in his eyes by this which was the moment he dared to look at the now smirking King, but also careful to not meet his eyes. He instead was focusing on the horrid scar. "W-why did You do that?", he whimpered out heartbroken, watching how the paper shreds fell down onto the floor.

Yoongi leaned forward by this exclaim, far too close for Taehyung's liking but he was too scared to move away. The intimidating King approached his face before long fingers tugged Taehyung's hair behind his ear.

"Don't write about meaningless things. Write a poem for me, instead", the King whispered into the beauty's ear before pulling away.

Leaving like his words didn't cause shivers down Taehyung's spine while he watched the King's broad back disappearing with tears in his eyes and with one running down his face.

~

Check out new updates on my Inkitt account Elahtae! Chapter X is already up there♡

Ela_koo