XV

"You still have to give us your name", Suga said with his legs lazily stretched out in front of him, leaning against the wooden wall of the hut. Taehyung was sitting beside him, looking as uncomfortable as ever, eyes fixed on his lap. Jungkook and the other guy, Seokjin were sitting in front of them.

All of their eyes were fixed on their new captive who seemed to be lost in the moment before he finally took up the courage to answer. "Kim Taehyung...", he mumbled out and Suga's brows shot up yet again and he shared a look with Seokjin.

"The cousin of Park Jimin, Son of Kim Minjun?", he asked warily and Taehyung nodded, his eyes still casted downwards onto his hands laying in his lap. "So you're a Paekche Prince", Suga mumbled, finally understanding the confusion of the boy about Silla's history.

Paekche was one of their neighboring countries but also their enemy and the old Emperor Min has intensely watched the information leaving his Kingdom. After Yoongi announced himself King he cut of the aristocracy of the other Kingdoms so no information left the borders without his knowledge.

And when Yoongi got on the throne, Taehyung must be a child then so even if he could know about it, his child like mind would've possible forgotten about it. "How old are you?", Suga questioned Taehyung another time but this time, the poet looked up. He had such feline features, it was astonishing how he managed to look ethereal even in the dim light of the hut.

"Twenty", he answered truthfully and Suga sucked in a breath. He was seven years younger than the twins, on the peak of his youth. Only two years older than Jungkook, their youngest member... the both of them were so young yet thrown into the drama created by Suga's twin.

"Since you decided to involve me with your in country drama, it would be fair enough to tell me what business you have with Silla's King. And why he seemed to have abandoned his own brother", Taehyung silently spoke up after a moment of silence.

Seokjin cackled by these words spoken so boldly but polite by their captive. "You have to give him that, his words are relaxing to listen to", he commented yet again in Chinese with Jungkook curled up by his side who's head leaned against Seokjin's shoulder.

"Abandoned you say? Do you see this scar? My brother gave this to me because he wanted to be on the throne himself. It was a gift before I had to flee from the palace", Suga replied back bitterly. "My name was Min Suga, the Crown Prince of Silla but now I'm also known as Agust D, haunting my brother in the wish to take him down", a cheshire smile formed on his features, having evil pleasure by frightening the little thing to his side.

"I heard about the death of the crown prince but you're alive! How?", Taehyung asked curiously, his heart clenching by the heartbreaking reveal of Suga, the forgotten Prince. "Well, on the night of my coronation day, my brother sliced my face to prevent me from becoming King. Then he went on slaughtering the entire family himself and later said it were japanese assassins", Suga said and Taehyung gasped shocked.

He of course has heard about the tragic day but has believed it. Until now. "T-that was a lie?", he whispered out shocked, suddenly feeling disgusted with being close to this murderous King. Jimin has warned him to go to the Silla Kingdom but he didn't tell him why. Now that Taehyung knew, he didn't know how to handle it.

"My brother is great in lying and he kills everyone who defies his truth. That's why I have to bring him down before he slaughters the entire kingdom. He went mad but I guess you have encountered that already."

Yes, Taehyung had. But just being a guest, he closed his eyes, not daring to interfere, cowardly being afraid for his own life. Now that he was taken away from the palace, Taehyung felt the toxic influence being lifted from his soul and he took the courage to place his hands on Suga's knee.

The man looked up surprised, his dark cat eyes looking at Taehyung who was teary eyed, blinking up to him preciously. "I'm sorry he has done this to you and your family. No one should endure the pain you were forced to go through. If the King is as bad as you say, then we have to let others know to put the rightful heir back on the throne", the prince's words caused them to stare at Taehyung.

Did this young prince just suggest he was going to help them fulfill their goal?

"Is he serious?! This will end in war, Suga, he's only trying to save his own skin!", Seokjin immediately protested while Jungkook looked at their captive with some sort of admiration and weird sympathy. Jungkook was always one to have his head in the clouds and to dream of better days. He wanted nothing more than justice and end the horrible life he was forced to deal with on a daily basis.

He knew royals as brutal and selfish, cold hearted towards the rest of the population and never has he come across a royal sympathizing with the poorer people. Taehyung was a first and Jungkook felt like they could trust him. No, he to trust Taehyung in the hope that this would finally make a turn for them.

"Do you know what you're suggesting there, sweet thing?", Suga asked warily, not trusting the poet's words as he didn't know this royal prince. But he has seen the sincerity in his eyes and has stared into his soul back on the market, Suga has seen that his heart knew nothing but kindness.

Taehyung nodded his head, long brown hair curling around his shoulders. "We can't trust him", Seokjin seethed another time, he knew royals longer than Suga and he has learned to not trust them. But even he was surprised and felt his suspicion lower when Taehyung turned to look at him.

"I'm not saying this to save my own skin. I'm saying it because it's the right thing. I've lived in the palace, saw how the aristocrats locked themselves away and closed their eyes. I witness the King's insanity front row. This needs to end", he answered in fluent Chinese, the same tongue Seokjin was using the whole time without knowing that Taehyung knew the language too.

A chuckle left Suga's lips before he lifted his hand to caress Taehyung's cheek and the angrily glaring puppy turned his head to look at Suga with big, hopeful sparkling eyes.

"You really do keep surprising me, doll."

~

TaeTae is full of surprises hehe

Ela_koo