V

Night has fallen over the palace and only the light of the moon was illuminating the tossing and turning shadow of the king inside of his rooms. Yoongi has never slept good in general but this night has been quite horrific for him. And he hated it with every inch of his body, hated the night for demanding him being knocked out and vulnerable in his bed.

He was the powerful King yet he was forced on his knees by something called sleep. Physical exhaustion drenching his body into utter fatigue was making him weak and during these suffocating hours of sleep, he was vulnerable. Which was why he never fully slept, always having himself alarmed to any noise and it was barely given him any rest which drove him insane.

Even more insane than he already was but Yoongi wasn't one to allow anyone into his room and watch over him like he was weak and needed this support. No, his powers were compelling to anyone else's.

Yet every time he closed his eyes, he felt growing back into his sixteen years old self, quivering under the rough hand of his father, being beaten for not reaching his expectations. It was always his family he was dreaming about, a fact he was able to masterly hide during the day but at night, he submitted to his demons.

He dreamed about the changing night in which he slashed his brother's face out of hatred and slaughtered the rest of his family to become King and make everyone pay who has announced him unworthy of being King.

Needless to say, Yoongi shot up back straight in the large bed, the duvets sticking to exposed pale scarred skin. His breath was rapid and the whole room felt like it was freezing despite Yoongi's burning skin.

The walls suddenly felt suffocating and Yoongi jolted up, barged out of the room into the coolness of the night. It was fairly cold for a summer night and Yoongi found himself relaxing further as he was able to hid in the darkness, enjoying the feeling of being alone when he actually wasn't.

His eyes were still flickering around on any sign of others, sword of course hanging by his hip. The serious man wasn't one to easily let his guard down and all he wanted was to make a walk inside the gardens and then return to his bedroom until sunrise.

Stepping out into the courtyard made Yoongi relax but feel on edge the same time. He knew that he now was visible to his guards' eyes so he tightened his grip around his sword before continuing with his walk. His feet led him towards the fountain in the middle of the yard, surrounded by the most beautiful flowers treated by skilled gardeners.

Yoongi was always the one to silently appreciate beauty and it filled his heart with pride to be surrounded by gorgeous things and have them as his own, another sign of power for him. His mind was refreshingly blank when he sat down to one side of the fountain, closing his eyes and turning his head into the direction of the night sky.

The gentle glowing of the moon created an illusion of peace for the Scar King, allowing him to relax and forget about his nightmares. Yoongi wasn't a monster, he has been beaten and brutally treated until he defeated his tormentors and became more powerful than them.

"I defeated you... then why are you still haunting me in my dreams, brother?", Yoongi whispered towards the night sky. Because deep down, he knew that his brother was still very much alive since sixteen years old Yoongi has let him go. This Yoongi was weak, still attached to his twin brother and the current Yoongi has promised himself to not be weak anymore.

The next time, he would see his brother, he'll make sure to really kill him this time.

"Can't sleep as well, hm?" There was a ruffling coming from his side and Yoongi immediately snapped his eyes open before whipping around. Only to see the surprised, beautiful face of a male turned into his direction.

It was that poet, Kim Taehyung. The reason why Yoongi recently felt much more on edge, because a foreign prince was directly sitting in front of his feet and not doing anything about it without risking a war. The prince's presence was a peace offer from Paekche so he couldn't harm the prince without any evidence. Yet.

"The moon is beautiful tonight... I've always wondered what it would be like to reach up and get a hold of its beauty", the poet went on, not noticing the dark sparkling eyes directed at him, not knowing who he was talking to as Yoongi's face was hidden in the shadows.

"You can't touch the moon", Yoongi replied back, voice gruff and raspy but the other male didn't seem to flinch. Yoongi felt angry about the disrespect of the foreign prince so he took a second to study him before making a decision with which body part he should start his torture.

But he froze when he examined the poet further. He was wearing a simple night gown and seemed to be completely alone, long hair dancing around broad shoulders that were slumped, long neck stretched so his face was turned to the moon above them. Moonlight touched ethereal face features and Yoongi felt himself drowning in that sight.

It was like looking at a piece of art and maybe the poet was. Because he was absolutely and entirely stunning. He was from a kind of beauty that made it hard to believe it was real, unnatural even. Yet the poet didn't seem to realize that. He instead sat by the fountain like he wasn't beautiful, just an ordinary poet admiring the night. As if his beauty wasn't a threat to his safety.

"But I can try... I might not be able to physically reach it but just the thought of embracing this light with my bare hands fills me with happiness", the poet spoke up again, voice soft like melting honey, a powerful timbre calling out for attention.

Yoongi was willing to give him this attention.

He overall suddenly felt drawn to this weirdly beautiful poet who was sitting by the fountain like it was a natural place to be for him. Like he wasn't sitting in the middle of a foreign palace belonging to someone else.

Kim Taehyung might have looked and sounded simple at the beginning but now, Yoongi realized how much different he truly was and he couldn't wait to unwrap the petals of the flower that was Kim Taehyung.

~

Ela_koo