XLV

And the last chapter TT please comment a lot, please 🥺 I hate begging, and I did it so often for this book but I'm rlly proud of my writing here🥺

°°°

Now that the day of celebration has come to an end, a new day has risen. It was the day of the end, the end of the Scar King's reign. Because today, Min Yoongi was beheaded for his fraud and actions against the crown and the kingdom of Paekche.

The atmosphere of yesterday still didn't falter, relief washing the before mood away from Silla, and nearly every citizen of Silla arrived at their glorious captial to see the Scar King finally fall. All of them were singing together on the streets, a festival being held and the horrible meaning behind this day got forgotten, a death celebrated by so many that the horrid, gruesome act was entirely forgotten.

Only the King and the Queen seemed to be aware of what was going to happen, a life was ending today through a sword. And nothing would save Min Yoongi now. Not even the fragile love of Queen Taehyung.

°°°

Cheers filled Taehyung's ears when he and Suga stepped out of the carriage, walking together to the arena where all the punishments for the crown were carried out. Jewels decorated his hair, hands and robes once more, his face a picture of beauty but Taehyung's insides felt raw and fragile, like he was the one pierced by a sword.

The sun shone brightly over their heads, mocking Taehyung who wished for the day to not be so beautiful, take his sorrow away from their chests and fill the sky with clouds until his own tears were falling from the sky and wetting his face.

But everyone was so cheery and Taehyung understood why, he did so he forced a smile on his face when he entered the arena, an open yard in the middle of the open ceiled building, the citizens joining the example of their rulers and following inside to sit on their seats.

Taehyung got gently escorted to a Tribune, Suga by his side and guards surrounding them, shielding them away from the simple people. The king was possessively holding his precious lover close who had tears brimming in his eyes but knew it was for the best, hiding his face away from the crowd who would only get confused on why the Queen was crying for a man who has tortured and killed so many.

Taehyung shuddered when he was gently guided to the smaller throne next to Suga's, a guard holding him close as Taehyung was too exhausted to walk alone. He has spent the night crying in his husband's arms, both of them grieving for the person they were going to lose today. Knowing nothing could save the person they were crying for.

Suga was going to lose his twin and Taehyung would lose the one who captured his heart. It was not a bright day for them yet the entire kingdom celebrated to be freed from the tyranny of the Scar king, leaving only Suga to understand Taehyung's misery.

"My pretty Queen, you look so pale", Suga said worried, pressing a kiss to Taehyung's cheek when he took the spot next to him, dressed in royal colors and precious jewelry. Taehyung shot his moon a weak smile but Suga knew what was messing with him. So Suga took Taehyung's hand into his, cold flesh engulfed by warmth and his small Queen released a trembling breath. Taehyung leaned against his now husband, love filling his chest while looking at his beloved but it soon got replaced by the same sadness Suga held in his eyes.

"I know it must be done but... it hurts, my moon, it hurts", Taehyung whimpered quietly, shaking his head softly while his shoulders were trembling from his silent cries. "I know, Tae, I know the way your heart feels. I'm here to heal your pain", Suga replied gently, capturing Taehyung's chin with his fingers and bringing him in to a loving kiss. Taehyung held onto him, bringing all of his love into the kiss and Suga held him close.