XXII

Taehyung was brought towards the throne hall, silky hanbok flattering his curves and golden shimmering skin, waving over his long legs. His hair was brushed delicately and put into a half bun, long waves of mahogany floating down his broad shoulders, frail back down to his tiny waist covered by the long hanbok.

He was a picture of beauty again, gorgeous face cleaned off the street dirt and low life experience, glowing again and dressed back in the colors of royalty with a servant to his side and guards surrounding him. This was the world he was born into, the world of aristocracy, wealth and constant betrayal.

A world as beautiful as it was toxic, a fake world hidden behind shimmering mirrors that hid the reality from the outsiders, only showing the beauty in form of jewels, gold and money. Taehyung wanted to tear these mirrors down, one by one until the ugly truth was revealed.

Until the King was punished for his past doings.

Yet Taehyung was still soft hearted and didn't per say hate the King, he was intimidated and scared, yes but he was never the one in the spotlight of Min Yoongi's insanity so he felt like it wasn*t his right to hate the man, he hasn't been hurt by the Scar King before. Others deserved hating him more so Taehyung held his emotions back.

He couldn't allow his feelings to get into this deadly game he has chosen to play because if they did, it would become a lot more difficult to get back out alive.

"My prince, shall I come with you?", Hoseok asked the petit male by his side, their arms interlocked which each other which would've caused a scandal if Taehyung was from Silla. The royal members were not to be touched by lowlifes but Taehyung was from Paekche and they treated things differently there.

"The King wants to talk to his highness in private", it came almost immediately from one of the guards, towering over the two in height and shooting the daring servant a warning glare. "A servant isn't allowed in His Majesty's near", he spat before growing silent again and Taehyung shot Hoseok a glance.

"If it's a King's order, then I fear it is set. Don't worry, dear friend", Taehyung whispered lowly towards the worried male who sighed silently but nodded, knowing he couldn't disobey, not in a palace that didn't belong to his prince. It could bring Taehyung into so much trouble if his servant was disobeying so Hoseok stayed silent.

They met with Namjoon in front of the Throne hall who seemed in a rush, bowing curtly into the prince's direction before standing back up. His eyes fell on Hoseok who seemed unwell so his brows rose. "Servant Jung, I hope you're not planning in accompanying his highness. His Majesty has been clear about His instructions and He has requested to meet the prince alone", Namjoon directed his words towards Hoseok who was fiddling with his fingers because yes, that was exactly what he was planning to do.

He just got his Prince back, he couldn't let him go to this ruthless King without protection. Because Hoseok has experienced Min Yoongi's brutal behavior when Taehyung was gone, has witnessed how insane he actually was. The Scar King has been screaming through the whole palace that he wanted Taehyung back by his side.

Therefore he was worried for his prince's well being, knowing that the King did not plan to be nice at all, rather than planning to act possessive and keep Taehyung to himself without listening to his wishes. It was simply Hoseok's guessing that this was bound to happen, to scared to voice out his thoughts but he was anxious that he could be right.

Hoseok was scared to speak up so he only bowed his head, allowing Namjoon to take Taehyung away from his hold. But his prince was quick to notice the changed behavior and he knew for a fact that Hoseok wasn't one to be quickly worried.

Still, the King has commanded for his presence and it would be very unfortunate to not listen to the request of the host, the one to allow Taehyung his stay in the palace. "Wait in my chambers for my return, Hoseok-ah", Taehyung spoke with the softest voice he could muster, smiling reassuringly at Hoseok.

"I'll personally make sure that he reaches your rooms, your Highness", Namjoon interrupted friendly, already reaching out for Hoseok's elbow who blushed but allowed the man to take him away. Taehyung smiled one last time to ease Hoseok, even give him a secret thumbs up before turning around to face the doors.

It was time to meet the King.

~

It is getting spicy~~~

Ela_koo