XXV

On the other side of the village, it has been fairly silent and no one really noticed the dramatic happenings inside of the palace walls. No one except Jungkook who had his eyes and ears everywhere. He immediately panicked when he heard the huge tumult in the throne hall, doe eyes widening in horror.

Jungkook watched from his spot on the high wall surrounding the palace how the large majestic doors slammed open to reveal the tender form of Taehyung in the hold of multiple guards, screaming to be released. The street boy was surprised that Taehyung hasn't started crying but rather stood his ground which was impressive to Jungkook. 

He truly was princely but even from his high spot, Jungkook could see the fear visible in Taehyung's face when he was taken away. Jungkook sat up, fearing their plan to be exposed, of course the King would notice, he was a fucking genius, just like his Suga Hyung and he of course would notice the change in the prince, he knew everything.

Jungkook was ready to jump back to the ground and run back to his Hyung to inform him about the change, that Taehyung was caught and would be investigated. But to his surprise, he caught a glimpse of the King's advisor stepping out of the throne hall as well, having waiting in front before Taehyung was dragged out.

Kim Namjoon was really an attractive man, Jungkook has admired the man's looks from afar but he also knew for his loyalty to the King and that was worrying. So he watched on high alert how Namjoon stepped close to an awaiting herald. 

"Make an announcement that His beloved Majesty Min Yoongi has officially taken his Highness Kim Taehyung as his official lover. He wants the entire Kingdom to know, also make sure these news reach the ears of Paekche", Namjoon instructed the boy harshly, the other nodding obediently before bowing at the advisor.

Jungkook released a shocked gasp, this was not planned at all! He at least felt a bit relieved that Taehyung wasn't discovered but he had to inform Suga. The male has grown fond of Taehyung after all, the little prince was their ally and Jungkook had to tell him.

Namjoon felt eyes boring into his head and he whipped around to stare at the empty place up high on top of the wall.

°°°

“S-Suga, something happened with T-Taehyung!”, Jungkook immediately yelled out for his Hyung's attention when he came back running into the rebel camp and said male turned around to curiously look at Jungkook before his eyes hardened. 

“Tell me everything, Jungkook", he instructed the younger who was panting strongly and trying to catch his breath. Jin immediately stepped closer to him, patting his back to calm him down. But his eyes looked worried over to Suga who straightened his posture.

"Jungkookie, maybe you should try to calm down first, we don't need you collapsing, so please calm down first and then-"

"It's about Taehyung!", Jungkook coughed out, eyes searching for Suga's who seemed immediately interested in what Jungkook was going to say, the slight flash of worry caught by his two closest friends and they stared at their leader in both amusement and surprise.

He didn't seem to have cared before for the ones he has been sleeping with and since Taehyung wasn't to be trusted, they believed it was the same with him. They didn't know about the feelings blossoming inside Suga's chest whenever he thought about the intelligent, gorgeous poet who was so much more than his royal position. 

"What about him? I get you want to report everything happening in the palace but Jungkookie dear, don't worry us-"

“The Scar king declared him as his official lover!”, Jungkook interrupted furiously, slapping Jin's hands away upset before his doe eyes focused on Suga who froze by this exclaim, posture turning dangerously angry and Jungkook shivered. Jin noticed the shivers of the younger and protectively wrapped his arms around him once he realized the dangerous mood Suga was in.

“This little fucker...”, Suga growled out, fists clenching because of course Yoongi had to do such a thing, oh Suga should've guessed it right from the start when Taehyung stumbled into the camp. He was too gorgeous and beautiful for Yoongi not to fall for him, he was breathtaking.

And if Suga felt this pull towards precious little Taehyungie, Yoongi would feel it for sure too. They didn't agree with each other most of the time but when it came in picking lovers, they had the same taste. And Yoongi always had to have what Suga had.

So he of course would grow an interest into the prince, maybe this was the reason why he has sent so many knights out to investigate the village and fill the streets with the villagers' blood. It all made sense now, Yoongi was mad, a simple reason to do such a brutal act but behind it, there was love.

If you could call it that, Suga guessed it was more infatuation or even obsession than true love, Yoongi wasn't able to feel such pure feelings, not when he cold hearted killed almost their entire family. But Suga for sure knew that this was a problem he had to take care of.

He felt sick in the stomach, thinking that maybe Taehyung was a spy and tricked him into sleeping with him but on second thought, why would he do that? He wasn't obligated to hold loyalty to Yoongi and from what Suga has seen in his eyes, he was equally afraid of the King like all the others.

"He claimed him like that??!", Suga seethed angrily, kicking a stone out of his way furiously, hands gripping onto his hair and he released an upset scream into the sky, face turned upwards and he inhaled and exhaled deeply. 

"You're such a bastard, little brother, taking him like this? You won't get through with this", Suga growled out, dark eyes fixed on Jungkook again who gulped and flinched.

"Hyung, the prince has a servant and he was taken away from Taehyung by Namjoon, maybe if we find him, he can help us? We could send for the Paekche kingdom and see if Taehyung really is who he says to be", Jungkook piped out, afraid by the low angry growling coming from his Hyung.

"That's a good idea, Jungkookie. Suga-ssi, calm down and think rationally. If Yoongi declared him as his lover, he will be safe, theses news for sure were planted thoughtfully. You can't risk the entire plan for a single boy", Seokjin said towards his cousin who huffed.

Seokjin knew Suga, he has always loved too fast and too passionately and saw the starts of a blossoming love towards Taehyung in Suga's eyes. But he couldn't allow that, not when the kingdom was at risk for it. Suga was their last hope to peace and Seokjin would do anything to bring the rightful heir on the throne.

"I know that! I know, Seokjin but fuck, I can't stop thinking what Yoongi will do to Taehyung... my doll doesn't deserve this at all and I'm at fault that I pressured him into his deadly game", Suga said unhappily and Seokjin's eyes widened.

"Yours?", he whispered out stunned, Jungkook in his arms stiffening, but his eyes were gleaming excited. Unlike Seokjin, he also wanted his Suga Hyung to be happy and Taehyung, even mistrusted, seemed like a sweet boy. Maybe he could be the one to make his Suga Hyung happy. And Jungkook would gladly become his friend for doing so.

"Yes, mine. I don't care what you think, Seokjin but Kim Taehyung is mine. I will end Yoongi's fucking reign once and for all", Suga growled out, determination practically dripping from his tongue.

Seokjin was taken aback. But then a proud smile formed on his lips because Suga seemed to have finally found the fire to fight to the end.

Maybe Kim Taehyung has been the key for the change all along.

~

Their feelings are slowly changing hehe, this is slow burn but exciting dont you think:3

Ela_koo