IX

Taehyung couldn't touch any feather for an entirety of two days before he was called into the Throne hall. It made him shiver and even throw up so horrified when a servant bowed towards him and delivered this message to him. Hoseok on the other side was panicked, wanting to send their King a letter about how Taehyung was being treated.

But Taehyung denied him this request, not wanting to end his travel here. It was to the point where Hoseok tried defying his orders for the first time, worrying for his prince's safe being and tried sending someone to their King himself.

Only for the worst thing to happen: he was stopped. Stopped by none other than Kim Namjoon himself who made it very clear that he was not accepting any kind of this behavior and sent Hoseok back to his prince. It just showed Hoseok that Taehyung didn't come here as a guest.

But rather a prisoner.

To which purpose he didn't know, yet.

But he knew for a fact that the King was definitely planning something for his prince and he had to prevent any evil action towards his prince.

So when Taehyung was guarded into the Throne hall, Hoseok was anxiously walking behind him and the guards that 'friendly' offered to accompany Taehyung inside. The prince has thrown his servant one glance before accepting the offer with heavy heart.

The doors were opened for him to step through and once he did, they were slammed shut behind him. The guards surprisingly had allowed him to go inside alone as he found out when no one stood behind him and he also noticed that there were no other people in the room with him.

No one, except for the King.

Yoongi was sitting on his throne and staring down to the prince stumbling inside the Throne hall, loving the feeling of being superior while he stared down to the gorgeous boy. Taehyung was turning more and more beautiful in his eyes as the time passed and it was hard for Yoongi to not seek the boy's presence every moment of the day.

It was clearly unhealthy, Yoongi was aware of it but he was the King and he was going to court this beautiful prince. He didn't give a shit that both of them were men, he wanted Taehyung and that was no one else's business.

"You seem scared. Why is that? Am I that terrifying to you, little dove?", Yoongi called out amused for the prince who whipped his head around, gasped before he fell onto his knees.

Taehyung was scared for his life. He saw the sword glimmering in the dim light to Yoongi's side and knew he was here to be killed. Fear sunk into his heart and held it with an iron grip as he watched how the King got up from his Throne and made his way towards Taehyung on the ground.

"P-please d-don't kill me, Y-Your Majesty", it was in that moment when the beg slipped out of his mouth while he fearfully watched the elder approaching him. An airy laugh was given to him as an answer. "Why do you think I would kill you myself? I could've have you murdered in your sleep if I wanted to."

How relaxing to know that. It wasn't really easing Taehyung's tension but rather quickened his heartbeat as he heard the man coming closer. There was a sudden whipping sound and Taehyung closed his eyes tightly. A breathy sob left his lips when he felt the cold tip of a sword on his chin.

"Look at me, little dove."

Taehyung fluttered his eyes open, timidly looking up to lock eyes with the scar yet again. It was too red, as if it was repeatedly sliced open to create the picture of a fresh wound. "Look into my eyes", the King then growled out and Taehyung turned his eyes away to fully look at him.

He was met with the blackest eyes he has ever seen.

"Then why am I here if you don't want to kill me? Is it because of that night?", Taehyung whispered out, finally being alone with the King again and Yoongi saw the spark he has missed so badly in the poet's eyes.

"This night never left my mind ever since", the King quietly confessed, lifting Taehyung's chin up higher with the tip of his sword. The prince felt a stretch at the back of his neck but ignored it. "I want you to be my personal poet", Yoongi suddenly said, these words actually not meaning the thing he has wanted to say but it was the only possible reason he could think of rather than just wishing to have Taehyung alone.

"What?", the word slipped out before Taehyung could stop it, staring shocked at the King, surprised by the sudden offer. "You said there were no poems about me. So I want you to write them. I've heard my advisors praise you, saying you're the best. I offered you a place in my palace and in return, you're going to make me your muse, little dove", the King said.

It left Taehyung baffled and his cheeks reddened by that bold offer which was more like an order. "So I'm not here to be killed?", he finally whispered out and Yoongi crouched down in front of him suddenly.

It was a surprising gesture as a King would never lower his level to anyone, a sign of equality. But he did it for Taehyung, pulling his sword away and grabbing his chin instead. The two held eye contact and Yoongi felt himself drawn to the beauty even more.

"From this day on, you'll be constantly by my side to find inspiration for the poems", Yoongi then announced, eyes eating up the precious expressions Taehyung was making in his confusion and also honor.

The King smirked, cold pale thumb gracing over Taehyung's rosy cheek.

"From this day on, you're mine, little dove."

~

New favorite nickname: little dove it's so cute uwu how do you like their dynamics?

Ela_koo