XXX

Taehyung was laying awake in the unfamiliar bed, with an unfamiliar night sky above his head and the aching for his home in his heart. He felt a heavy arm over his waist, gripping at his hip with a nearly suffocating hold. It must be around midnight but the young prince could not sleep at all.

His thoughts were spinning around the Min twins, making his heart grow heavy because he absolutely did not want to be pulled into their feud, yet here he was, in the bed of the Scar King and cuffed to it as his personal bed warmer. Taehyung's skin felt tight and he wanted to scream that he was a prince, that no one should have the right to treat him this way but his lips stayed sealed shut. 

He did not want to wake the sleeping monster next to him. 

Taehyung's mind wandered away from the tragedy of the Min twins, back to his home and he was wondering if his father was missing him. Since he was the King's brother, usually seen a threat for the King, Taehyung did have a pretty relaxed childhood without worrying to become the Throne Heir. He was content with being the second child of the King's brother, free to do whatever he pleased without the burdening quests Jimin had to fulfill daily.

His uncle was an intelligent man, brutal with his words but fair with his actions, never punishing the ones who did not deserve it and always making sure his people were safe and content. It was the acting of a great ruler and Taehyung admired his uncle for that as he also did not see his relatives as danger for his crown, instead allowed them to stay in the palace and was even the one to suggest Taehyung start his career as poet.

The King's heir was Jimin, his only cousin and Taehyung absolutely adored Jimin for his gentle yet brilliant nature and has always wandering after the Crown prince in the wish to become just like him. The two have grown up together, Taehyung's brother being seven years older than they were so he was always further away and Jimin has turned into the brother Baekhyun could have been.

Yet Taehyung didn't hold grudges against his elder brother, he loved him dearly, Baekhyun who was now the leading general in Paekche's army frequently sent him silly letters and Taehyung sent him back poems his mother would scold him for from how childish they sounded.

His mother was a cold strict person but she held love for her youngest child in her heart. She was raised to be the perfect wife and never let anyone see her emotions so it was natural to see her not even offering a smile to her children in the company of others. Behind doors, she was still reserved yet Taehyung knew she loved them with her entire heart.

He was lucky to have such a loving family so his heart ached when he remembered the small details of the tragedy of the Min family that were given to him. But that wasn't making him accept the way Yoongi was treating him, not at all. 

Since Suga, the forgotten twin has turned out to be the most kindest man with a gentle heart. Taehyung was not one to give up on people, observing their mistakes rather than judging them and he has seen the way Yoongi was craving for love. In the wrong way but Taehyung imagined him to be alone all the time.

King since sixteen, feared and lonely on his high throne and not trusting anyone since he knew he was hated, feared to be approach and any sign of weakness turned against him. 

"Stop... stop searching for excuses", Taehyung scolded himself silently, shuffling in the King's arms to find a more comfortable position, his head turning automatically to examine the sleeping form of the king. 

"King since twelve years must be lonely. But you made your choice when you attacked your own brother, didn't you Yoongi... Then why is my heart aching for the young neglected boy you were? Why is my heart fearing the monster you became? You're both conflicting me", Taehyung mumbled faintly, hand unconsciously tugging a blond strand of hair behind Yoongi's ear.

"You both have taken me into your bed yet you show your interest differently. But truth to be told, I'm afraid of the both of you. Or more fearing the future you will provide me after you pulled me into your feud", the Paekche prince mumbled faintly, sleep clearly overtaking him.

"I just hope that one day, you and your brother can find peace", Taehyung sighed out before he closed his eyes, his breathing turning slower until the curtain of sleep has fallen over him.

Yoongi on the other side now laid widely awake next to the stunning prince, own heart pounding in his chest and wondering how he managed to meet an angel in his cruel life. His head turned, staring at Taehyung who looked so soft and adorable while sleeping, so unlike the intelligent poet he displayed during the day.

Now, he was just a sleeping little angel Yoongi wanted to protect with all his might. But he was also possessive, scared his brother would get in between them and he could not allow that to happen. Suga has always had what Yoongi wanted, now even sleeping with the beauty curled up next to his side and jealousy formed deeply inside of him.

"You're the first one to share the bed with me and I will make sure you'll be the last one. My brother does not deserve my mercy and I will erase my mistake from the past. The kingdom is mine, and you're mine as well little dove. I will bring fire over anyone who tries to change that", Yoongi breathed out, leaning closer to place his lips over Taehyung's plump ones who answered with a sigh.

"Mark my words, pretty dove and listen to my promise brother."

~

The last sentence? High class poetic, istg

Ela_koo