XI

"Always stay by Namjoon´s side and return to the palace during the sunset. I do not want you to wander around in the dark. There was lots of evil people in the villages just waiting to rob a royal. Beware of bandits and never leave the guards", Yoongi firmly instructed the young trembling poet standing by his side.

The King has allowed Taehyung to make a trip down to the village and accompanied him towards the entrance doors. The prince was very nervous since his own servant Hoseok wasn´t allowed to go with him, which made him incredibly antsy as he only knew Namjoon from his companions.

Taehyung nodded with the King´s words, excited to be let out of the palace after two suffocating but surprising weeks and he feared that Yoongi would change his mind if he was going to do anything upsetting. "Did you understand me or are just nodding your head along my words?", Yoongi asked the wide eyed puppy by his side who seemingly flinched.

"I understood You, Your Majesty. I will not leave Namjoon´s side and return to the palace before sunset", Taehyung shyly replied back with a bow of his head. Whenever they were alone, Yoongi allowed Taehyung to look at him which was odd but honoring. Once they were joined by others, Taehyung had to cast his eyes downwards in a sign of submission to the King, an order by Yoongi himself.

The pale blond man made a noise of pride in his throat by the pretty brunet´s submission and proceeded with his walk. He walked Taehyung to the entrance to the village before forcing to turn Taehyung around.

The beauty answered with a furrow of his brows but stayed silent otherwise. "There are evil people out there. My kingdom is filled with people seeking for revenge and won´t hesitate to hurt you, little dove. You wanted to see my Kingdom but you will face the consequences if you´re seen with any form of terrorist group. And not even your pretty face will stop me from punishing you", Yoongi warned the poet silently and Taehyung nodded wide eyed.

"I understand, Your Majesty and I will repay your trust with my own", the brunet mumbled respectfully before bowing at the King. He was released from the conversation and walked over to the guards joined by Hoseok who was handing him his fan.

Yoongi used this moment to turn to Namjoon. "Watch him all the time. I want to see how he´s behaving around the village. Scare him. Make sure he sees the brutality of the people and don´t allow him to show pity to prevent him from wanting to go a second time. I want him to willingly stay in the palace without interfering in the land´s business", Yoongi instructed his advisor who nodded.

"Of course, Your Majesty. Your word is my command", Namjoon said before Yoongi nodded curtly and released Namjoon to join his little dove on the doors. He watched how the doors were opened by the wall guards above their heads and once they slammed shut, the prince and his group was gone.

Leaving Yoongi alone once again and already craving for the beauty´s return.

°°°

Taehyung was in awe by his surroundings, turning left and right whenever he got the chance. The villages was so much different than the ones back home and he loved experiencing different cultures and see new people. As a prince, he wasn´t often allowed to share the same streets as peasants so he therefore was very excited for this day.

He has requested Namjoon to lead him to the local markets were he could stop by and the advisor has allowed him to after some time of convincing. Ten guards surrounded them and they shoved people out of the way that came too close to their bewatched. Taehyung didn´t mind about that, hanging on Namjoon´s arm and happily smiling around.

Namjoon on the other side was surprised at how easy it was to talk to the royal member, he was used to hard expressions and clear instructions given to him by Yoongi, treated as the lower class member that he was. But Taehyung was different, even asking him for his opinion on a specific food, the poet even taking his recommendation on clothing he wanted to buy. 

It surprised the advisor to be treated equally by a royal and if he was honest with himself, he didn´t want to leave the poet´s side anyways. There was something so easy going and special about this young prince that he couldn´t understand, yet he felt himself relaxing in his presence and enjoying the supposed to be frightening day.

But Namjoon still stuck to his King´s orders and showed the prince around the village but focused more on the bad parts to show Taehyung the evil side of the people, just like Yoongi has requested. Namjoon didn´t quite understand why his King has demanded to frighten the little thing who was tugging fearfully on Namjoon´s arm when he saw the two bandits robbing a poor woman but he wasn´t in a position to question his King.

He was raised to obey and he would. So he showed Taehyung around and gave him all the bad information he has gathered beforehand in the wish to scare Taehyung. It helped and the boy´s once gloomy mood took a darker term, not really fond of the trip anymore and actually requesting to return back to the palace.

Taehyung felt sad that the village was indeed like Yoongi has warned him about and he also was wondering. Shouldn´t it be the King´s duty to help better the situation? Instead Yoongi was doing nothing, only killing any rebels defying his orders which was not a way to treat a Kingdom.

As a royal himself, Taehyung knew this was going to take a dark turn. Subjects mistreated would soon turn against their leader to end the tyranny. 

They were just walking through an alley in between wooden houses, the dusty sand crunching beneath their feet when the guard in front of them suddenly stopped them. "Sir, we should take a different way back to the palace-", he started but he wasn´t going to finish his sentence any time soon.

Because he was already hit by an arrow right into his heart and dropped dead to the ground. Taehyung screamed and Namjoon ordered the guards to surround the prince while searching for the source of that arrow.

And saw a group of six men blocking their way.