XII

Namjoon was holding the prince behind him who was clutching onto his arm, scared for his life while he was eyeing the bandits. All of them had their faces covered and seemed more of a threat than the ones he has showed Taehyung and Namjoon cursed under his breath. 

They must´ve spotted them walking around in the village and now came to take out their anger on members of the royal court. "It must be our lucky day. Two royals, now what a meal. The streets will be red with your blood, royal scum", one of them hissed out but the man on the lead only stared at the group.

Taehyung was trembling behind Namjoon, tears already running down his soft face while he couldn´t quite progress what was going on, hiding behind the king´s advisor. "You will let us pass or else we´ll have all of you executed for touching royal court members", Namjoon warned them but the one who spoke, laughed.

"You´ll be dead to tell anyone", the man laughed before they abruptly charged forward. All of them were tall built but they were facing the experienced royal guards trained by the King himself. They immediately dodged the attack and three of them quickly grabbed the two bewatched before quickly pulling them away.

The little prince was crying all along, clutching scared onto Namjoon´s arm who seemed in some kind of shock while the were led away by the knights. "Don´t let them escape!", they heard yells coming from behind while running through the run down streets.

"We have to get back to the palace!", Namjoon yelled at the guards who nodded but in the labyrinth of crowded streets, it was nearly impossible to orientate inside these streets. Plus there were people following them and people staring shocked at them.

But some also seemed to realize what was happening and actually dared to get into their way. Taehyung to Namjoon´s side was panting, whimpering scared from time to time until they were stopped by a large crowd. "OUT OF THE WAY!", one guard yelled but they wouldn´t budge.

Taehyung was hiding his face in Namjoon´s shoulder while he was trembling. The young prince wanted to return home, he had no business with these angry subjects, he moreover felt like they had every right to be upset with the royal guards. But he stayed silent, instead being pulled closer by the advisor.

"When I say now, you´re going to run back to the palace, do you hear me? They know you´re not from here, they will spare you", Namjoon whispered towards the whimpering prince. Taehuyng simply nodded his head against his shoulder.

"How about you give us the little thing by your side, Advisor Kim? We know who you´re working for", one of the man pulled up near them again and Taehyung released a soft scream. "Let him suffer like you made us suffer", the man seethed and in that moment, Namjoon pushed Taehyung away and screamed "NOW!"

But it wasn´t the call of Namjoon saying. It was one of their chasers, suddenly attacking their group and the knights fought against them, trying to fulfill their duty but more people came. It were some of the poor villagers living close by, attacking the royal guards out of anger.

Taehyung whimpered behind Namjoon and screamed surprised when he was suddenly grabbed and turned around. And smacked right against a chest. Namjoon immediately whipped around but was brought down to his knees by the attackers.

The little poet cried out in pain, stumbling away and he had to realize in shock that strong arms prevented him from escaping. "You´re far away from the palace, royal scum", the same man exclaimed once again, pulling up in front of Taehyung who cried out afraid. Namjoon released a huff when he saw that the man was speaking to him and not to Taehyung. 

"Release us or face the consequences", Namjoon growled out angrily, always the royal advisor but stopped when Taehyung was brought to his knees as well, the young Prince flinching in surprise. Taehyung moaned in pain with a shaky voice that cracked at the end. He didn´t try to move away from the arms holding him down, knowing very well that he was far weaker than they were. 

But surprisingly, Namjoon jumped into his rescue. "He´s just a poet, he didn´t mean any harm. Let him go", he demanded while a few men snickered from his boldness but it stunned the other man who seemed to halt in his tracks before tilting his head.

"A poet? A master of words?", he asked and Taehyung timidly nodded. There was another man coming forward, a white band keeping his black hair out of his face, dressed formally but with the face of a young man. His eyes shortly moved over Taehyung before turning to the other.

"He´s the one Agust D was talking about", the raven gestured towards the trembling prince. "We should just kill him", the other hissed while Taehyung sobbed in the man´s hold. "P-please don´t hurt me- I´m sorry the Scar King is doing this to you but this is not even my Kingdom! L-let me go", he whimpered out pained when the arms tightened their hold.

The men looked back to him. "So a royal guest? A poet of another country?", the younger asked with a certain glint in his eyes. It was sympathy. The shaken poet nodded his head. "Y-yes. I was allowed to visit the village to gather new ideas for creations", he sobbed out.

"Bringing a guest to the worst parts of the city? Tsk, that´s typical for a royal scum", the man seethed towards Namjoon and kicked his shin away from under him. Namjoon groaned and fell to his hands and knees. 

"We can´t kill him. Agust D said it himself, he´s more one of us than of them", the younger man said towards the angry other. "You know what? Fine. But you´re taking responsibility for him in front of him, Jungkook", the elder sneered.

"Take him", he growled towards the other man and this Jungkook guy threw a look of pity towards Taehyung. "We will see if you´re the one you claim to be. For now, you´re our bait for the King. Let´s see if we can at least use you", the young man said.

Namjoon immediately protested and screamed out that if they harmed him, they all would be killed by the King for harming a royal guest. "Advisor Kim, we´re already dead in his eyes. Taking a little poet isn´t anything that´s added up to our punishment. You can´t punish us beyond death", this Jungkook said with a little smirk.

Taehyung was absolutely frightened and wanted to shakily protest, beg even. "No royal would beg or cry in front of peasants though. They´d simply demand to be released", Jungkook said, staring at Namjoon before his eyes wandered towards the frightened male. He seemed to be around his age and really could be the one he has spotted together with Suga. Or his street name, Agust D.

The captured poet couldn´t voice out any form of further protest before a bag was roughly yanked over his head.

~

And the action is starting!

Ela_koo