XXXIV

Happy new year once more♡

°°°

Taehyung didn't dare to make a sound but his eyes were trained on his cousin, hoping to send him a silent message. Look at me Jiminie, please, something is wrong, please, Taehyung pleaded in his head while he tried his best not to squirm on Yoongi's lap, trying to stay still to show that he wanted to be there even when it was a lie.

"I'm here because of my cousin, Prince Kim Taehyung of Paekche. You hold him against his will and I demand you to return him to his rightful place in his own kingdom as it was not your turn to take him. If you go against my words, then I fear Paekche has to cut terms with Silla and forcefully demand Prince Taehyung's return", Jimin said.

The golden haired prince after all was not fond of talking around a topic and cutting right to the reason behind his sudden visit. Jimin wanted to take Taehyung away from the dangerous King who was known to be from sickening intelligence and was always planning unpleasing things, searching for your weakness and using it against his opponent until Yoongi had them crawling on the floor before him.

Jimin just knew that the Scar King has done the same to Taehyung. The King somehow found out the way to pressure Taehyung or else his sweet cousin wouldn't be sitting on his lap right now.

Taehyung has always been a soft hearted boy and Jimin loved him with entire being, his closest friend since their childhood.

Yoongi had to have something on him, Taehyung must've seen the way the Scar King was treating his kingdom, Taehyung has been sent to Silla to learn after all. Jimin regretted allowing this, but his cousin has been so innocently happy when he was allowed to leave, hugging Jimin tightly and thanking their King over and over again. Jimin after all was a sucker for Taehyung's puppy eyes.

"You are mistaken, Prince Jimin", Yoongi's voice sounded so powerful in the large throne hall and Taehyung merely flinched but stilled when fingers warningly digged into the flesh of his waist, knowing this as a threat to misbehave again.

"I do not hold Prince Taehyung captive, he is staying with me on his own behalf. And might I add, your cousin and I have started to get closer and now... I do not want to be separated from him", Yoongi spoke the words of poison like he meant them and Taehyung felt a blush of anger creeping its way onto his face and neck.

How much he wanted to scream that these were all lies, only illusions created by the Scar King who wanted to form Taehyung to his liking and using everything he could on his way in achieving this. 

Jimin's brows dipped in confusion before he turned to look at his cousin this time, the brunet who still refused to meet his eyes, who looked so out of place and somehow tiny on Yoongi's lap, like a kitten in a lion's den and it worried Jimin. Because something didn't feel right at all about these words.

"I would like to hear my cousin on this topic, Your Majesty", Jimin said through gritted teeth and the entire attention turned to Taehyung who merely flinched. "Tell him the truth, little dove", Yoongi purred dangerously low, moving a strand of hair behind Taehyung's ear and caressing his cheek in a loving gesture. It was just an act, the warning behind was clear: lie and your friend lives, don't and I will kill him. 

"J-Jiminie, Yo- His M-Majesty is telling the truth. We got to talk on my first week and I-I've grown fond of His Majesty who treats me with nothing but respect and love. I'm sorry for not informing you about my change of heart", Taehyung nearly choked on the lies leaving his lips when he was forced to lean against Yoongi's chest who looked up seemingly in love with him as if he wasn't watching the little prince like a hawk.

"Tae?", Jimin let out completely taken aback because he was not ready to hear Taehyung saying these words, not from how stiff and anxious he was looking. Yet the small prince repeated his words when Yoongi firmly squeezed his waist, so slightly that the other Paekche Prince didn't notice.

After Taehyung finished his speech, he slumped against Yoongi, feeling tears rising in his eyes so he turned his head, sobbing silently to himself while a lone tear ran down his cheek. Yoongi noticed the change of his dove, instructing Namjoon to explain the issue further to Jimin so he could turn to Taehyung.

"You did good, my dove but stop crying or your effort will go to waste. Hide those tears, Beautiful", Yoongi whispered mercilessly into Taehyung's ear who nodded stiffly and wiped his nose and cheek before turning his head back around.

Yoongi interrupted Namjoon roughly and invited Jimin to stay inside the palace as the Paekche heir was obviously not willing to leave his dear cousin alone, offering him quarters in the palace as long as he liked until Jimin would be assured of their undying love.

While Taehyung used the moment, shuffling on Yoongi's lap and actually managing to expose his ankle to Jimin, his head lowering in played submission as if he was agreeing to the King's words while in reality, he tried to focus Jimin's gaze on the obvious sign of his imprisonment. 

Jimin was intelligent, he immediately caught the little sign of Taehyung's true behavior and his eyes narrowed slightly upon seeing the cuff like jewelry wrapped around the brunet's ankle, instinctively worsening his bad feeling.

There was something going on, yet Jimin couldn't make sure as long as he couldn't speak alone with Taehyung which seemed impossible. If the King really manipulated him or pressured him, he would not leave Taehyung alone or let him go out of his sight where he could watch over him.

When Jimin looked up to face the King and his cousin again, he saw Taehyung's lips forming three silent words, not noticed by the King somehow and Jimin was determined to follow the silent plea to unwrap the mystery involving the Scar King and his cousin.

"Visit the village."

~

Will Jimin follow Taehyung's words?

Elaboratae