VI

Taehyung didn't notice the stare on his body and face, only looking up to the night sky while telling this stranger his poetic thoughts, creative mind already spinning around a poem forming in his thoughts. He loved the night, loved the beauty of the black, midnight blue sky and he could write poem after poem about it.

"What you say is worthless. This sky over here is dull. It's black and the moon will disappear as soon as the day rises", the man by his side scoffed and Taehyung turned his head.

Yoongi was shocked to see beautiful hazel eyes sparkling into his direction, a pretty pair of lips turned into a frown by his disgusted words as if he was personally offended by them. "You talk like a man who has experienced so much pain to hide behind the walls built around his heart", Taehyung remarked and it startled Yoongi.

Who was that boy? And how could he say this so briefly as if he hasn't said anything Yoongi has hidden so greatly from the rest of the world.

"You have no idea what you're talking about, boy. Talking like this is your palace to own is very disrespectful towards the King", Yoongi bit out in the wish to scare the other but there was merely a shrug coming from the other.

"Maybe... but if my words offended you, then I have to apologize. I only speak what comes into my mind and I only share what has been in my heart", Taehyung softly remarked, hands intertwined in his lap before his attention focused on the flowers around them.

"The flowers here are pretty. A lot prettier than in my home and I wonder if the King would allow me to pick some up and take them to my rooms. I'd love to make a poem about their beauty hidden in a cold palace", Taehyung dreamingly exclaimed and it surprised the Scar King yet again.

Everything about this boy was gently, soft and beautiful. He has feared that Taehyung would desire his downfall or his crown yet all he was asking for were a mere set of meaningless flowers growing in his gardens?

It was so absurd that it left him breathlessly laughing to which the other answered with a pretty furrow of dark brown tinted brows. "Have I said something to amuse you, Sir?", he asked politely, not knowing who this man could be. It not once crossed his mind that this was the actual King he was talking so freely to.

But Yoongi actually enjoyed talking freely to another human being, especially if that someone was from such great beauty like Taehyung. Yoongi felt normal. A feeling he has despised for the entirety of his life but in this moment, he craved for more.

"I'm simply stunned by your expression for flowers, young poet. Are they this beautiful to you?", Yoongi asked, talking about such a meaningless things like flowers have never crossed his mind before but in that moment, he it made sense.

"They are... flowers are delicate yet strong. They are beautiful enough to be touched but scare everyone away with their thorns. I think they're very powerful. Powerful enough for a King to add them into his gardens", Taehyung remarked, long hair catching the sudden breeze and Yoongi was able to smell a glimpse of the boy's scent.

It smelled soft and rosy and it had Yoongi almost laughing because he immediately thought of a gorgeous white rose sitting in the middle of dull flowers. The scent and the description given to him reminded him of this lovely young male sitting in front of him.

Taehyung was in the middle of his youth, only twenty, two decades and with that seven years younger than Yoongi yet the boy seemed to be on the same ladder of knowledge like the king. He talked so freely yet his words were never wrong planted.

"Right you are. The King has always desired beautiful things. Which is why he allowed you into his palace", Yoongi boldly stated, the desire to talk with this poet rising higher and higher by the passing minutes. The other, this petit sized brunet turned his head to look surprised at the other.

"You think so? I've never really thought about the reason I was allowed entrance into his palace...", his voice trailed off in the end and it left Yoongi feeling bold enough to ask the following question.

"Well, you're too pretty to be out here alone, little one... so tell me, do you know any poems about the king?"

There was a moment of silence coming from the other before Taehyung lifted his head once again. The soft moonlight illuminated his high cheek bones and gorgeous big eyes when he glanced back into the other's direction.

"The Scar King? I fear not. There isn't anything beautiful about a tyrannical man covered in scars...", he replied softly, not meaning to talk badly about the King but rather speaking the truth of his heart. It was just in that moment were the other lifted his head to reveal his face to the moonlight.

And Taehyung jolted up from his place on the fountain, eyes turning wide and horrified once he spotted the long scar slicing the man's pale skin open. Yoongi on the other side stared at the beauty with some sort of bitter feeling on the tip of his tongue, seeing the fear that hasn't been there before.

The prince has recognized him and was now possibly never brave enough to talk so freely with Yoongi like this ever again.

"I-I'm so sorry! It wasn't in my knowledge that it was You all along, Your Majesty", Taehyung cried out and dropped to his knees in front of the Scar King, said to be brutal with anyone defying him. He pressed his forehead against the rough little stones littered on the path surrounding the fountain and hoped his death was given to him quick and fast.

Therefore he yelped when there were long cold fingers curling around his chin and lifting it up. Taehyung looked up, scared large eyes teary and begging the King to forgive him for his lack of respect. Yoongi's face was void of any emotions that could possibly reveal how he was truly feeling.

"Go. Never speak about this to anyone or I'll have to lock you away where no one can find you", Yoongi growled out quietly before releasing Taehyung who stumbled onto his feet, fear evident on his face while staring at the said to be cold hearted and brutal monster that was the Scar King.

"And never forget this night", Yoongi then whispered before Taehyung jolted away and ran back into the safety from the palace.

Leaving the King all alone in the middle of his garden that seemed so much more dull without the beautiful poet in it.

~

Ela_koo