nineteen

'The next product that we'll use is this eyeliner.'
Luke forwarded the video to the next step.

'Now we finish off with some highlighter and the lips', the girl in the video explained and Luke got the small glitter palette. He got a brush, dipped it carefully in and tapped it the excess of the powder off, before he put it on his cheek bones, giving them a beautiful shimmery glow.
Then he got his watermelon lip gloss that he loved to use and put it onto his lips.

'To secure our look, we use some fixing spray', the girl started, spraying the liquid on her face, 'and are done.'
Luke paused the video and went through his things until he held the small bottle in his hands. Like the girl, he sprayed it over his make-up.

'Lu?'

'Come in', Luke said and the door opened, revealing Ashton.
The blonde boy eyed his work in the mirror and was satisfied with what he had done. It wasn't perfect, but it was a decent beginning.

'Wow, you did this on your own?'

'See anyone else?'

'No?'

'Then I guess, I did', Luke answered with a smug grin and sat down on his bed.

'Haha, very funny. It looks good though.'

'Thank you', Luke said, looking at his older friend, 'Was there a reason for why you were looking for me?'

'Yes. I wanted to ask whether it's okay if Lucas comes over?'
The drummer rubbed his sweaty hands nervously on his pants and bit his lip. He had contemplated asking Luke multiple times, but in the end, Lucas was his boyfriend and he wanted to see him.

'Sure. It's your house Ash, you don't have to ask me', Luke said and smiled to hide the fact that it was indeed a problem for him.

'I feel like I should ask you and since you kind of live here too at the moment', Ashton said, leaving the end of the sentence open.

'Yeah, I get it. No, it's fine by me', Luke reassured Ashton and then he was gone.

With a sigh, Luke grabbed his guitar. In the last weeks, he hadn't often played, but he had wanted to work on one of his songs for a while now.
The guitar was quickly tuned and he started strumming a melody that he repeated a few times, before starting to sing the lines he had written for it.

'When the sun goes down, we all get lonely, watch me as I disappear. These empty sounds and endless stories, so tell me what I wanna hear', he softly sang, thinking of the person he had wrote this for- Ashton.

**

Lucas came over only an hour later, still hesitant about showing up, especially when Luke was home. Ashton had told him repeatedly that it was okay and that Luke was okay with him coming over.

That made the two boys end up in Ashton's bed, making out and about to go further when Lucas said, 'I love you.' For Ashton, the words 'I love you too' would've normally slipped out naturally, but now they somehow seemed stuck. It felt as if saying them was like betraying himself or simply lying to Lucas.

'Ash?', Lucas asked unsure as he stopped with what he was doing.

'Yeah- eh sorry', Ashton stuttered and looked at his boyfriend. Lucas' eyes met Ashton's.

'What's wrong?', Lucas questioned and got off of Ashton to give him some space.

'I-I don't know, nothing.'
Being looked at with a raised eyebrow, Ashton let out a heavy sigh.

'I swear it's nothing. I'm just thinking too much probably', Ashton explained, rather trying to convince himself and not his boyfriend. They moved to sit on the edge, letting their legs dangle from the bed.

'About what?', Lucas asked and put a hand on Ashton's thigh. He was concerned, because Ashton seemed unsure and almost a little scared.

'Nothing impo-', Ashton started, but was cut ofd by Lucas.

'Listen Ash. I don't want to push you and force you to open up, but you obviously have something on your mind and it bothers you. I'm your boyfriend and I love and care for you. If you need someone to talk to, I'm always here to listen and if you only need someone to cuddle with, feel free to call me. Whatever it is, I'm here and ready to listen', Lucas said and Ashton nodded, moving a little closer to hug Lucas. The red haired boy wrapped his arms around his boyfriend and held him close.
Ashton could hear Lucas' heart beating, but it didn't calm him like it normally did. It made him feel even worse, because Lucas wore his heart out on his sleeves and Ashton should protect it, but instead of making sure it wouldn't be harmed, he felt as if he'd be the reason it would break.
And what was even worse than Lucas' heart that would soon break was that it would break in the hands of someone he loved and trusted. Someone he would do anything for and without knowing it, he was blindly signing a contract that was only set up to destroy it.