twenty

Maybe Ashton should've broken up with Lucas that night and maybe this would've saved him from the even bigger heartbreak that Ashton's selfish behaviour would cause.
But still, the red haired boy had no idea what he had gotten himself into, because loving someone was something beautiful. Finding the right person was rare and sooner or later Lucas would find out that Ashton wasn't his one in a million.

'Why?', an outsider might wonder. Well, it all started when Luke, Ashton, Michael and Calum went out together, having a few drinks, nothing wild. Obviously alcohol had played a tremendous role in Luke's life and was the reason for why Luke and Ashton had slept with each other in the first place.

Since Luke still lived with Ashton, they went home together and decided the night was still young, they didn't want to go to bed yet. Having nothing better to do, they decided the pool would be an good idea, more specific the whirlpool. Their last exchange of 'I love you's had taken place there and without knowing it, it had played an important role in their decision on where to go and what to do.

The change of clothing had been a lot less private than it should've been between them, but neither of them cared. It actually had been an accident when Luke had walked in on Ashton changing, but the alcohol had lowered their limits and that was how they had ended up too close to each other. If you can feel each other's breath, there was a good chance that you stand too close and if your noses are almost brushing against each other, I don't think you can deny it then.

Their way to the pool was short, but since they couldn't keep their hands to themselves, it took much longer than necessary. Nothing bad happened, but someone who knew them was aware of what was bound to happen if no one would remind them of their limits.

**

Music was playing through the speakers. Slow, fast, sad, happy, everything was mixed and it had potential to turn a happy and innocent moment into something deeper and a lot less innocent.

'You look so good tonight', Ashton mumbled, resting his head against Luke's. Luke had leaned his head against Ashton's shoulder, his eyelids slowly becoming heavy.

'How do you know? You're not looking at me right now', Luke answered, yawning quietly.

'Hm, because you always do, plus, I saw you dancing with Calum.'
Luke giggled. He would've probably blushed at the comment, but his cheeks were already tinted in a rosy red by the high temperature of the water.

A comfortable silence fell over them as they watched the bubbles rise in the water and listening to the music. It was already completely dark and the sky was full of stars, the moon big and round.

'Ash, if we keep sitting here like this, I'll fall asleep', he said, gently nudging the drummer's side.
Ashton hummed in response and pulled Luke onto his lap, wrapping his arms tightly around him.

'Ash, this isn't helping', Luke whined, but Ashton only cuddled closer to him. Luke sighed, but stopped squirming in Ashton's arms.
To distract himself from the body contact, he listened to the music that was still playing, giving the garden a romantic vibe.

'Who.. who made that playlist?', Luke asked. Ashton placed a soft kiss to Luke's shoulder, before answering, 'I did. You like it?'

'Yeah, I do', Luke mumbled and smiled. The next song came on and Luke recognized the song immediately.

'You know that song?', he asked and Ashton nodded with a warm smile.

'Of course, you always listen to it and that's why it reminds me of you, so I put it in.'
Ashton probably didn't know why Luke liked the song so much and if he knew that he had listened to the song when Lucas had found him in the pool, he maybe would've understood it, but he didn't.

The minutes in which the song played were long and felt even a little heavy. There was an undeniable tension that Ashton seemed to be too tired to feel, but Luke could feel it.
His thoughts of them being close soon lead to Luke thinking about the nights he couldn't remember for quite a while. Without being able to stop it, the toughts got more dirty than Luke would've liked it and he could feel his pants getting tighter with every image crossing his mind.

Trying to readjust his pants, he shifted slightly around on Ashton's lap, making the boy wake up from his slumber. Instead of moving, Ashton stayed in his position, furrowing his eyebrows at Luke's awkward movements.
The drummer's hands were still intertwined with Luke's, right above the blonde's lower region that was clearly erected.
If Ashton would let his hands sink only centimeters, he would feel the bulge and Luke swallowed thickly at the thought of that.

A new song coming on made Luke snap out of his filthy thoughts.
Unfortunately, Ashton had added a lot of different songs to his playlist and one of them was 'Dangerous Woman' by Ariana Grande. The song was one of Luke's weaknesses and as much as he hated it, it always turned him on for whatever reason.

'Ash', Luke whined, hoping the drummer would loosen his grip. Luke froze in place when Ashton's hands landed right on his crotch and giving away Luke's arousel.

'Lu?', Ashton mumbled, removing one of his hands from his best friend's private parts to turn the boy around.
One hand still on the erection, Ashton made Luke look him in the eyes.

'I'm sorry', Luke quickly said. Not even the alcohol could make him feel relaxed about the questionable situation.

'Don't be', Ashton said, leaning in. Luke's breath hitched and he couldn't believe his eyes. Was Ashton actually going to kiss him? What about Lucas?

'A-Ash.'

'Shh, we need to finally get this right', Ashton said, shushing the guitarist with his lips on Luke's.