22. Seri

"Who are you?"

I couldn't move my body after hearing that question. I am silently praying that I can disappear right here and now but no, I know it was too impossible. Gab, Erin and Stephen were looking at me with a curious eyes, they probably had the same question in their mind. For over three years, I worked hard to hide my identity. I couldn't stir it up now. No, not ever.

I'm happy with my life now. God knows how I prayed to have this kind of life, away from stress, trouble and danger. But those three little words had me shut up.

"Does your friends and loved ones know your real identity? Or are you faking yourself in front of them?" Elen looked at me from head to toe, it was like she's insulting me with her stare.

"Stop messing with her." Just when I'm about to crumbled, Gab defended me.

He stared at me with a reassuring smile, assuring me that he'll always be there for me.

"Just wait and see, I'll make sure to reveal whoever she is!" She then smirked and gave Gab and my friends a meaningful glance before walking away.

Matapos ang eksenang 'yon ay ipinagpatuloy pa rin namin ang plano na pagcecelebrate ng pagkapanalo nina Gab. After that, we headed back home. It was a tiring day, indeed. Hindi ako ang naglaro pero mas napagod ako sa nangyaring 'yon. I wasn't expecting that someone will recognize me after three years of hiding. Lumiliit na ang mundo ko.

Hindi puwede 'to, I need to do something!

With that, I picked up my phone and call someone I trusted my whole life with. She knows my secret and protected it with all her life.

"Hello, B." Mahihimigan ang seryoso sa boses ko kaya't napatikhim ito.

"What is it? You sounded so serious, I'm getting nervous!" she said in a hysterical way.

"I.. I have a problem." Nahihirapan akong isatinig 'yon.

Alam kong pati siya ay mamomroblema dahil do'n. Ang tagal naming itinago ang aking pagkatao para lang makapamuhay ng tahimik dito at alam kong masaya na siya ngayon sa buhay niya. Wala pa man pero nahihiya na ako sa kaniya. She sacrificed a lot for me.

"Oh, God, please tell me it's not what I am thinking!"

Unti-unti ko nang naririnig ang pagiging problemado niya wala pa man. Damn, I promised her that I'll keep a low profile.

"It is." puno ng kabang sagot ko.

Ang dibdib ko'y parang tinatambol sa kaba. I know she'll get mad.

"Shit ka, Seri!"

And now, she's mad. She just called me by my real name! My nickname rather.

"I'm sorry.. I didn't expect someone will recognize me, well, they didn't really recognize me yet but they're getting persistent!"

"Nevermind. I'll do my best to lure them out. Send me the details."

Nakahinga ako nang maluwag sa sinabi nito. I know I'll always have her back, she's the best! Maliban kay Erin ay ito ang isa sa maituturing kong totoong kaibigan ko. Although we agreed to pretend that we're not friends. It's for the best.

"Thank you so much, B!" Tila maiiyak na saad ko, kung nandito lang siya ngayon ay baka nayakap ko na ito.

I'm so glad to have a friend like her. No, scratch that, I'm so blessed!

"No worries, I got you!"

That night, I slept with a peaceful heart and mind. As long as I have her, I know I can do anything.
-