Chapter Seven, Bella knows and Lunch with the Cullens

(Outfit above is what she wears to school)

Chapter Seven, Bella knows and Lunch with the Cullens

When I awoke the next morning I seriously didn't want to get out of bed. "How're you feeling darling?" Jasper asked concerned, making his Texan accent thicken. I just sighed snuggling into him more. "I can't believe he's gone." I whispered my voice hoarse from all the crying I did yesterday. Jasper pulled me closer so I was nearly on top of him when there was a knock on the door and dad came in. He frowned when he saw Jasper in my bed as he was supposed to be on the sofa. "I'm sorry Sir." Jasper apologised before dad could say anything. "I heard her crying during the night and I got concerned so I just held her till she calmed down and I fell asleep." Dad was silent for a few moments before he nodded smiling gratefully at Jasper as he came and perched on the bed looking at my puffy red ringed eyes.

"You can stay home today princess. I don't want you going to school like this, and....Waylon's funeral is this afternoon....if you don't..." Dad started but I cut him off looking into his own red and puffy eyes.
"No dad. I...I want to go with you...I can't believe he's gone....I'm sorry daddy." I said sitting up and hugging dad tightly, dad holding me just as tightly. The three of us sat in silence for awhile taking in all that had happened last night. "I'm sorry for your loss, Sir." Jasper apologised. Dad nodded over my shoulder rubbing my back soothingly. "Thank you Jasper. And thank you for looking after my Lyssa, you're a good kid." Dad told him.

"Sweetheart, I need to go to the station for a bit...finish some things off. But I want you to stay here and I want you to have this on you at all times." Dad said handing me a can of pepper spray.
"I will dad." I promised kissing his cheek before he left my room and I rested against Jasper again. "Do you have to go?" I asked him hoping the answer would be no.
"No, darling, I'm not going anywhere. I'm gonna be with you all day today, I hunted enough before I came and found you. I'll be fine and Bella knows." Jasper told me hugging me close and kissing my forehead. I pulled back looking at him in shock.

"How do you know?" I asked.
"I can feel her shock and determination. She'll probably speak to Edward today and knowing him he'll get together with her."
"But she's not his mate is she?" I asked and Jasper shook his head. "I want my sister to be happy but she's become obsessed and it's not healthy. What happens when Edward finds his mate?" I asked concerned.

"I don't know darling." Jasper sighed. "We've all tried to tell Edward but he won't listen. But don't worry about that now you've got enough things to worry about. How about I draw you a bath with some candles?" Jasper asked rubbing my shoulders. "That would be lovely. Thank you." I said kissing his lips sending him my love for him. When we pulled back he wiped away my tears and left to draw me a bath. Not ten minutes later Jasper came back saying the bath was ready and Bella has left. "I won't be long." I told him as I gathered my towel and dressing gown.
"No take your time. Don't worry about me darling, you need to relax." Jasper argued kissing my forehead. I kissed his lips thanking him softly as I left for the bathroom locking it and climbing into the warm bubble bath the lavender bubbles and scented candles around the room relaxing me.