Chapter Eight, Baseball Madness

(Picture above is her outfit for the game and hairstyle

(Picture above is her outfit for the game and hairstyle.)

Chapter Eight, Baseball Madness

The next two weeks seemed to fly by and before I knew it was Friday the day before the baseball game and three days before I was due, and all I was filled with was nervous excitement. I was on the way to the Diner to have dinner with Dad, Jasper was dropping me off. As we got out of the car we saw Mike with his friends playing basketball outside. He was about to head over to me but Jasper stopped him with a fierce glare before we entered the Diner.
"Hello Chief Swan." Jasper greeted as we walked up to our usual table. "Hi Dad." I greeted kissing his cheek as I sat besides him, Jasper sitting besides me for the time being. "Hello Anna, Jasper." Dad greeted. "Would you like anything Jasper? And I've told you to call me Charlie." Dad asked holding out the menu to him but Jasper politely declined.

"No thank you Sir, I'm eating with my family when I get home. I wanted to ask you if it would be alright if I took Anna to the baseball game my family and I are playing tomorrow?" Jasper asked. Dad placed the menu back in the holder on the table smiling at Jasper, Dad said he liked him as he was always polite and actually spoke to him, but there was a worried look in his eyes as he looked from me to Jasper. I knew what he was worried about as it was so close to my due date and because I had braxton hixs earlier this week so Dad was always extremely worried when ever I left the house in case I went into labour. When the braxton hixs started he had rushed me to the hospital forgetting about work and me going to school, he had even panicked and called Mum, who had called Phil.

They were about to book a flight when Dad called them back saying it was only braxton hixs, Mum had laughed at him at first and then panicked and told Dad he had to keep an extra close eye on me. "Anna won't be playing baseball and I'll keep an extra close eye on her I promise. My father will also be there." Jasper promised as he rubbed his thumb over my knuckles, he had been as bad as Dad and had tore to the hospital in a panic as soon as Dad called him. "Okay she can go." Dad sighed I smiled happily at him and kissed his cheek. "Thank you Daddy." I said gratefully as I rested my head on his shoulder.
"Where is your sister?" Dad asked looking at the time.

"Probably with Edward." I said darkly making Dad raise an eyebrow. To be honest I didn't care if I dropped her in it, she was really pissing me off along with Edward with their remarks and blatant disrespect for Dad and I. Jasper had nearly torn Edward's head off when he heard him agree with Bella, only stopping because Emmett and Dean pulled him off. Since then, Jasper has refused to be in the same room as Edward and told Edward if he was ever in the same room as me or him and said those things again or even thought it he'd tear his head off and light him on fire. "How're you feeling princess?" Dad asked quickly changing the subject after Jasper had tightly explained what had happened when I refused to (obviously leaving the tearing the head off and fire part out).

"Tired. But I'm okay, I promise." I assured at their unsure looks. As Cora came over Dad and I ordered, and Dad ordered for Bella. He ordered himself a steak and a Coke and for Bella he ordered a salad and a Coke. I ordered spaghetti bolognese with a Diet Coke. We spoke for a little longer as we waited for Bella only to be interrupted by Cora. "Say Chief," Cora said hesitantly standing just in front of the table. "The boys want to...to know if you found anything down at Queets water today?" I looked at Dad panicked as I didn't know he was going there today. "I was fine princess, don't worry, calm down." Dad tried to reassure me but I only fully relaxed when Jasper sent waves of calm to me. I sighed kissing his neck in thanks as I rested against him his arm wrapped tightly round me.