Chapter Forty, Epilogue

(The Whitlock family clothes for second half of the chapter)

Chapter Forty, Epilogue

We had said goodbyes to a few of the vampires who had helped us, all the while making new friends and allies, and promises to keep in touch. But a few had stuck around wanting to see Willow again like Peter and Char, and the Denali's. Or meet her for the first time like Garrett who was giving up his nomadic ways to live with Kate and surprisingly Benjamin and Tia. We hadn't wanted to risk Willow by bringing her over to Esme's when the house had been full with other vampires.

Three days later we were heading over with Willow, who Candice and Nathan had brought over this morning. Once they saw us in once piece, Candice and Nathan had held Jasper and I tightly for several minutes before they had to get to work. Jasper and I had missed our baby so much, and Flynn and Elika had missed their sister pressing kisses all over Willow's face much like Jasper and I do. And Willow had missed us. She would cry whenever I put her down so it had taken awhile to get her into the car seat and then to calm her down. All the way to Esme's, Flynn and Elika were very sweet and tried to comfort and distract their sister, with little success. Which had upset them despite Jasper and I praising them for being such a good and kind brother and sister.

Willow's cries attracted everyone out front as we parked the car, all of them were extremely worried about Willow.
"What's wrong with Willow?" Tanya asked concerned.
We had also found out that Dad was her mate which would be interesting when he comes back from fishing later today.
"Nothing. She just didn't want Anna to put her down." Jasper answered as he helped Elika out of the car and then got Willow while I got Flynn. "It's alright lil' lady. Shh." Jasper tried to calm her down but it didn't work.

"Okay let's pass you to Mama. There we go." Jasper said as he placed her in my arms, pressing a kiss to her forehead and then to my lips as Willow finally started to calm down.
"Uncle Peter, will you and Auntie Char come back to visit us after our holiday?" Flynn asked from where he was perched on Peter's back.
How that happened I have no clue. I only took my eyes off him for a second.
"Please Uncle Peter, Auntie Char?" Elika asked from Garrett's shoulders.