Chapter Thirty-Nine, The Battle

(Outfits for the Whitlock family above, not the broom)

Chapter Thirty-Nine, The Battle

It seemed the others decided they had wanted to help more than anything and were now vampires. The only exception were Amelia and Kieran as they didn't know what it would do to their mate bond with Jacob and Quil and didn't want to risk it. So now Kristen, Alex, Chloe and Dylan were now vampires. Four days later. Jasper and I, along with Elika and Flynn had gathered in a large snowy field with our family, the pack, our friends and our witnesses.

Standing opposite us were the Volturi, their Guard and their witnesses, including Irina. Leah and Seth were standing behind Flynn and Elika, who were tightly holding my hands. Jasper was standing besides Elika with his arm around Elika's shoulders and wrapping around my waist. On his other side stood Peter and Char who were flanking him, while Samantha and Reggie stood on my other side besides Flynn. Alex, Kristen, Chloe, Dylan, Emmett, Rosie and Bree were spread out behind us.

While, Carlisle and Esme stood in the front with the Denali's and Garrett who was Kate's mate. Behind them were Zafrina and her sister who were ready to blind Kate and Tanya if need be. The rest of the witnesses and the pack were stood around us filling in the gaps. As the Volturi came closer I held in my gasp of pain as I got all of the gifts at once, not wanting to let anything on. Slowly Carlisle stepped forward his hands held up in peace as he tried to talk Aro down, like he used to. But it didn't seemed to have worked.
"They're not Immortal!" Carlisle shouted. "These witnesses or the Legends you have in your own Library will attest to that. Or better yet, see for yourself. You can hear their heart beats, see the blood in their cheeks."

"Artifice!" Caius shouted, but was stopped from saying more when Aro raised his hand.
"I will collect every facet of the truth, but from someone closer to the story. Jasper. As the children cling to your mate. I assume you are involved. Come!" Aro ordered, holding his hand out to Jasper. I snapped my eyes over to Jasper, fear and worry shinning in my eyes. Jasper smiled softly at me as he pressed a kiss to my forehead and sent love to me and the twins as he started to walk towards Aro.
"Daddy!" Flynn and Elika shouted scared, causing everyone to look at us as he turned back.