Chapter Twelve, Birthday Blues

The summer had past rather quickly, and during that time dad had been filled in on everything by Billy and Harry about the Quilette's and by Jasper about him and his family. He had been shocked to say the least, but after everything had been explained he seemed to take it rather well. After it had all sunk in, they explained everything and answered his questions. Everything from how Jasper and his family were turned, Billy and Harry explained how the they turned into wolves, Jasper explained their diet of animal blood not people, about mates and how it worked. Exposing that I was Jasper's mate and Embry had imprinted on Willow, but for now it was just protector and could remain that way.

Jasper had explained why they hadn't initially told him due to the law by the Volturi and he had told dad the reason why he was being told, was because I didn't want to lie to him and neither did Jasper as he had come to care greatly for dad. Billy and Harry told dad they didn't normally tell outsiders of the reservation but they trusted him as they had been friends for thirty years, they told him why I was told sooner as I was at greater risk due to being around the boys so often. They also told him that as his granddaughter was an imprint he deserved to know and they wanted him to know.

Dad had sworn he would keep both secrets and take them with him to his grave. After asking a few more questions, dad seemed to take it all rather well. I guess I take after him in that regard. He even told them it all made sense now, why the boys grew so quick and why Jasper never ate, but what he didn't understand was Bella and Edward's relationship, but then no one did. In dad's eyes, Jasper had gained more respect from him as he had told him the truth, even if the truth was hard to believe. Dad respected that, he hates being lied to and he was glad he was told the truth. Their bond seemed to become closer because of it, which I was glad for, as all tension, even if it was only a little bit, seemed to be non existent between them now.

***

I woke up with a start in the early hours of the morning hearing my daughter crying. Running into the nursery attached to my room, I saw my five month old daughter sat up crying, her cheeks a bright red and she was covered with spots. Quickly picking her up I tried to soothe her while I looked through the draws one handed for the thermometer gun, finally finding it I turned it on, sat in the chair,  pointing the gun at her head.
"Shit!" I cursed softly seeing it read 38.6c. "It's okay baby. Shhh, it okay." I soothed rubbing her back while rushing to dad's room.

I hated waking him up at 2:30 in the morning after his long shift, but Jasper was hunting and Willow was sick.
"Dad! Dad! Dad!" I called frantically. Thankfully he woke up by the third call and no doubt due to Willow's crying.
"Anna? What's wrong with Willow?" Dad asked rubbing his eyes.
"She's covered in spots and she has a fever." I said frantically wanting to cry myself with how much pain my daughter was in. At that dad quickly climbed out of bed rushing over to Willow and I placing a hand on the back of her neck.