Chapter Thirty-Eight, Gathering Witnesses

(Outfits for the Whitlock family above)

Chapter Thirty-Eight, Gathering Witnesses

The day we were betrayed Bree had been at the cinema with Colin and felt bad she wasn't here, no mater what Jasper and I told her or her parents, Emmett and Rosalie told her. Carlisle and Esme had left last night to gather their friends as witnesses, along with Alice and Dean, and Emmett, Rosalie and Bree who had all left early this morning. Today Jasper and I were taking the kids to the Denali's to see if they would help as it was their sister who had betrayed us. Peter and Char were on their way, so we at least had two witnesses.

Two witnesses who believed us without question, and beloved us without seeing the twins or reading the Legends, just trusting Jasper and I, and trusting Peter's gift. Luckily Elika and Flynn's growth rate had slowed down quite a bit and they still looked like four year olds for the time being. We had to trade in my Camero for a green Skoda Scala, which benefitted us perfectly. As we were travelling to Alaska I made sure our kids were wearing clothes that would keep them warm. Willow had a white long sleeved tunic top, that had a cute little collar and a golden tutu style bottom, it also had Minnie Mouse on it and two little golden bows. Black leggings with golden Mouse ears on them, white fluffy socks, black boots, a thick jumper and her white hat, scarf and gloves and her black winter coat.

Once again, Elika wanted to wear the same as her sister so she had chosen clothes with Minnie Mouse on them. She had a pink long sleeved top with Minnie Mouse, black leggings with little pink bows on, a fluffy leopard print vest style cardigan that had Minnie Mouse on it, black boots, her white hat, scarf and gloves and her grey winter coat. Flynn, was wearing a blue dinosaur top with a green and blue plaid shirt over the top, a grey dinosaur jumper, blue jeans, and brown shoes. He also had his black winter coat along with his green PawPatrol hat, scarf and gloves.

They may be dhampirs but neither Jasper nor I wanted them to catch a cold and get sick. Jasper looked rather handsome in black jeans, a long sleeved grey top, dark brown boots, black socks, and a thick grey tea coat and a stripped scarf. I was wearing distressed blue jeans, green socks with black ankle boots, a green crop jumper, a black beanie and a thick grey tea coat that was slightly darker than Jasper's. Samantha had been right that the others wanted to help with the Volturi but I didn't want them to make a life changing decision just because we were in trouble and made them swear they would think seriously about it. I just hope everything will work out fine and that all our family comes out in one piece, Alice and I have seen what happens if they refuse to listen.