PART 5

The hall was bustling with people. Mahnoor and Zaroon were made to sit on a two seater sofa and all the young cousins were surrounding them.
"Zaroon bhai aap aapi ko dekh sakte hain...koi tax nahi lagega..." Mahira teased the couple and then again added "Abhi ke liye".
Zaroon smiled and looked away.

Mahira nudged Mahnoor "Jiju toh aapse bhi zyada sharma rahe hain". She giggled and turned around only to see Riyaaz coming towards them.
Nervousness engulfed her, which made her go silent at once surprising Zain who was standing along "kya ho gaya ... tere daant ander kyun chale gaye".

Riyaaz congratulated Zaroon with a smile and patted Mahnoor's head.
"Riyaaz bhai lagta hai Mahi aap se abhi tak naaraz hai........." Zain scoffed and pinched Mahira's cheek making her whine "mere gaal".
"Naaraz ho Maru" Riyaaz's deep voice made her all the more nervous.
"Nnnahi " she stuttered
"Aise kaise....lut le Mahi ..yahi mauka hai.." Zain whispered in her ears making Riyaaz frown. He twisted his ear "Aaah bhai ...chhod dein Mahi bol na"
"Bhaijaan chhod dein"Mahira at once said freeing Zain's ear and looked at Riyaaz whose eyebrows had gone a little up with shock or surprise, she couldn't decipher.
After a moment he turned towards Zain "sudhar jao" and threw an angry glance towards her who was standing with her head hung low.

"Haath hai ya hathoda " Zain pouted rubbing his ear ....

----------------

The function went really well, and the fully exhausted family members were taking a nap till late.
Mahira woke up and came in the hall. Seeing no one in hall she took her steps towards the kitchen to have water. She had just opened the fridge when a hand came from behind making her turn her head at once.
"Riyaaz bhaijaan aap" the grogginess in her voice hinted that she was not completely out of her sleep zone.

Riyaz opened the lid of the bottle and jerked it towards her face making the cold water splash on her face..."Neend khuli?" he whisper yelled making her gulp

"Bha..." before she could complete her sentence, he put a finger on her lips. Her eyes widened and looked into his eyes which held a warning.
"Dare you say the word again!!!"

"Riyaaz..." he said in a deep voice making her shudder.

Seeing her nod her head, he removed his finger and took her to the lawn.

"Achanak se mujhse itna dar kyun lagne laga" he asked

"Nnahi to..aisa kuch nahin hai"

"Acha..tumhara mere aate hi nervous ho jana..mujhse dur bhagna......ye sab toh kuch aur hi kehta hai" he said sitting on one of the benches and then patted the place next to him.
"Kisi ne zabardasti ki hai is rishte ke liye"

"Nahi bh.....Riyaaz" she at once changed her words seeing the glare.

"Woh...thoda awkward lag raha hai..." she pouted making him smile
"To mujhe avoid karne se awkwardness door ho jayegi" he asked amused.

"Aap hamara mazaak uda rahe hain" she fake glared at him
"Ji...." he smiled
"Na karein....." she hit his chest in a childish manner making him laugh out loud.

The little talk was successful in eroding the awkwardness that had crept between the two.

--------------

"Zain...ye naya assignment jisme tum Riyaaz ko assist kar rahe ho..kab tak complete hoga." Sarfaraz asked writing something on a paper.

"Abbu 3-4 mahine toh lag jayenge..mere calculation k hisaab se" Zain said while taking a print out.

"3 ya 4" Sarfraz strictly asked

"Kya baat hai Abbu...." Zain frowned hearing his father

"Nikaah ki date toh 3 ya 4 nahi rakh sakte na" Sarfaraz replied sarcastically to which Zain jumped "kiska nikaah......Abbu abhi Haya ready nahi hai....aur meri bhi internship complete nahi hui hai..." he paused and then again started " Lekin agar aaplog chahte hain toh mai Haya se " his blabbering stopped by the strict voice of his father "Bas....thoda lagaam lagao"

RAABTA : A collection of short storiesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें