2#

"Jeeju.......meri gift" Safa demanded a gift after the wedding rituals ..

"Maine specially tumhare liye gift order kiya hai.....aur wo gift mai har jagah carry nahi kar sakta...so u will get it next morning" Mihran spoke doing something with his watch.

"Itna bada...." Safa's smile widened imagining her gift

"Hmmm.....can I go now...I am tired" Mihran rubbed his neck with his calloused fingers.

"Haan...bilkul..this way" Safa showed him the way like a kaneez

------------------

"Assalawalaikum " Mihran greeted Inaya who nervously greeted back "Walaikumsalam"

He could sense the nervousness in her tone......he sat down and lifted the veil slowly........while doing so his fingers accidentally touched her cheek making her flinch....

He touched her chin and lifted her face "Tumhe itna ghabrane ki koi zaroorat nahi hai....mai kuch nahi kar raha yaar.....relax" ......his reassuring words brought a hesitant smile on her face "Nahin.....wo"

"Shhh" he kept his finger on her lips stopping the apology which was about to come....."Mai samajhta hun...aasaan nahi hota hai........mai chahta hun tum pehle mujhe jaano....time lagega I know... but.....I hope it's worth the wait" he winked at her making her cheeks red.

Mihraan didn't know his words had already rose a wave of respect in her heart for him.

True they had met once or twice before the marriage but they were too consumed in finishing all the prior commitments at their respsctive workplaces so that transfer formalities could be a smooth ride.

"Acha...change kar lo......" He tapped her arm bringing her out of her thoughts.

"Hmmm"

Minutes later, she came out in a simple white night suit and saw him already changed.

"Wahin khade rehne ka irada hai?"
he raised his brows

"Nai ... mai bas aa hi rahi thi" Inaya took swift steps and sat on the right side of the bed as the left side was already taken by him.

"Aur tumhare kya irada hai...kab se next job shuru karni hai" Mihran thought of taking about something which will make her relax.

"Mai na thoda company wampany se bahar nikalna chahti hun........"

"Matlab"

"Koi dusre tareeke ka job"

"Hmmm........." Mihran thought for sometime and then suggested "You can apply for the post of Assistant Professor...M.Tech toh kar hi rakha hai tumne.." he paused and then added "Mere university me hi try kar lo....."

"Yeah.....but I don't think I would be able to pull off the role"

"Huh....kyun..."

"Mai aapki tarah nahin hun na......aap professor material hain.....aap bold ho....intimidate bhi kar sakte ho.......padhate bhi acha ho"

"Acha...padhana last me aata hai" he fake glared to which she bit her tongue...."Wo Safa"

"Haan aapke reviewer ka mujhe ache tareeke se pata hai.........achhe achhe shabd toh aapne chhupa liye" he shook his head.

"Inaya....dekho....shuru shuru meh thoda nervous hona is natural...thoda odd bhi lagta hai...lekin....phir you get your own way of teaching....
Aur mujhe copy karne ki zarurat nahin hai.........waise bhi aapki smile kaafi hai 100% attendance score karne ke liye"

"Mihran.....aisa kuch nahin hai"

"Arre..tch...mai bata raha hun na...shart laga sakta hun"

"Wo tab ki tab dekhenge...aap apni batayein...aapko toh appointment hi prepone kar diya unhone"

RAABTA : A collection of short storiesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें