11

"Arham.........." Humeira was shocked to see her husband at the reception of her hospital. She took quick steps towards the reception when a man who must haad ben in his late 20s called her name attracting both Humeira and Arham's attention.

Humeira had reached the reception area which was a little secluded having no one barring Arham and two elderly ladies.

"Ji Dr Saad..." Humeira smiled politely as he was her senior who had just joined the hospital a couple of weeks back

"Aap ghar ja rahin hain...." the man asked in a pure gentleman manner showing his chivalry.

"Ji...mere " Humeira was about to tell him about Arham being there but was cut off midway

"Bahut ache....meri shift bhi khatma ho gayi hai......Humeira mai aapse kuch baat karna chahta hun"

Arham was in their earshot and frowned a litter hearing the man's words.By his expressions, he could make out the man was a bad news, his adoration filled eyes spoke out the truth more than his words did. He found himself walking towards them with a hard expression...

"Haan kahein Dr Saad"

"Yahaan nahin....I mean hum dono ki shift khatma ho chuki hai toh ..toh....can we have coffee together...paas me hi ek bahut bi acha cafe hai"

Before Humeira could speak, Arham's strong voice "No" hit their ear drums making them look in his direction

"Excuse me" Saad frowned

"I said No....she is not going anywhere with you...." shoving his hands into his pockets, Arham stood confidently infront of Saad who grimaced at the tone.

"I am talking to this lady, Mr, so please a little privacy will be much appreciated" Saad again turned his attention to Humeira who was offended with the way he chose to speak to her husband.

"And I am that lady's husband" the words hit like an arrow to Saad and he kept looking at Humeira

"And a little distance from my lady will be much appreciated" the clipped tone just gave the warning it should have making Saad apologise fervently "I am...I am so sorry  .... actually I didn't know..........I am sorry" with these words Saad closed his eyes and left the area.

"Arham....wo...wo mai nahi janti thi" Humeira tried to clear but was stopped by Arham "Maine kuch pucha.......did I ask anything?"

"Arham aap galat samajh rahe hain....main" tears welled up in Humeira's eyes sensing his unusual tone.......was he doubting her.

"Humi.....ro kyun rahi ho...." Arham immediately cupped her face wiping her tears.

"Aap aisa kyun soch"

"Humeira just remember one thing I trust you........" Her eyes went to his face which was validating his words.

"Mujhe pata hai tumhe nahi pata tha ki wo tumse aa kar ye sab kahega" he wiped her tears with his thumb making her nod.

"But tumhe yeh to pata hai na ki mai kya kehne wala hun...." giving her a wink, he pulled her with him.

Making themselves comfortable in a cozy corner of a restaurant, they gave their order and started talking.

"Aaj aap achanak hospital aa gaye"

"Socha thoda biwi ko khush karun "

"Acha....."

"Ho sakta hai ..phir wo khush ho kar mujhe khush kar de " Arham winked while Humeira's mouth was wide open at his throw of double meaning lines.

"Aap itne besharam hain...mujhe nahin pata tha" her face had turned red

RAABTA : A collection of short storiesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें