6#

Hearing the door bell Safa  moved to open the door...and there Mr Zohair Ahmad stood at the time he had given......punctual much. ...or punctual just to impress his wife...only time will tell.

"So..how was your day" she passed a glass of water to Zohair who was opening his watch.

"Good...yours?" he smiled

"same ...but I got a bit bored so I thinking of resuming my  studies" she expressed her thoughts. 

"You should...you applied  in Stephens college na" Zohair enquired to which she nodded " I applied in some colleges online also before coming here.... let's see"

"Aah ok...freshen up...we will leave for shopping."

Zohair smiled and in half an hour they were ready to leave.

After all the grocery shopping...they were now standing at a gol gappa stall with Safa trying every flavour of gol gappa and Zohair following her tastebuds.

It was 9 in the night so both of them thought of picking up some pizza boxes for the dinner.

----------------

"Haah" Safa made herself comfortable on the couch beside Zohair who shifted a little sensing her too close. 

After sometime they were watching some reality show while having the pizza.

"Go go win" Safa was cheering for her favourite actor giving a glimpse of her crazy avataar to her dear husband .

"It's all scripted" Zohair finally  voiced out his thoughts not liking the way his wife was drooling on that good for nothing(according to him) actor. 

"I know that ...but still " Safa smiled and took the next bite of her pizza.

She was gobbling down the pizza slices at a high speed which resulted in her eying Zohair's pizza after sometime. 

"Aap nahi kha paa rahe  " saying this she took one slice from his box . Zohair's love for pizza was something everyone around him knew ...he used to take his own time savouring them...and he would show a thenga(thumbs down) if anybody who would ask for even a little piece and here his wife didn't even bother to ask ...and the irony was he couldn't say a word ...all he could do was offer a smile in return.

-------------------

Zohair was reading a book when Safa entered the bedroom. She got in the bed but  was in no mood to sleep "You read romantic novels?"

"No" Zohair felt scandalised. 

"Ok..ok... relax..." she smiled rubbing his arm and  took the book and kept on the side table placing a bookmark in between.....

"Chalein hum kuch baat karte hain...""

And they started talking ...after a while

"Acha  khaane me kya pasand hai" Safa  casually asked and pat came the reply "Pizza...I so love it".

The revelation made her embarrassed but then next second both of them burst out laughing. 

"Ek baat puchun" Safa hesitated but seeing the green signal she went on "Why are you so shy?" 

And the question made Zohair shift a bit in his place but then he had to answer "I am like this from childhood Safa...being the only child I didn't really like sharing or mingling up with people and I guess that attitude has rubbed up on me big time..."

"Achha....." Safa was already in another zone stressing her brain for ideas to shoo away her husband's shyness.

--------------

RAABTA : A collection of short storiesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें