K3

One month later

"Aah" a loud shriek made Azeem open his eyes at once. He immediately switched on the bed-side lights and saw his wife panting in sweat.

"Raniya....idhar dekho bacha..kya huwa" He took her in his arms and caressed her hair. Her hands grabbed his shirt tight and were not ready to leave at any cost.

He could feel her trembling and dropped kisses on her forehead to calm her down. His heart pained seeing such an innocent soul in this state.

"Mai kyun bach gayi....." her loud sobs just squeezed his heart ...... "Sab chale gaye..mujhe chhod diya"

"Raniya..sab theek ho jayega......hum sab hain na........" he pulled her out of his arms and cupped her face.

"Aap bhi chhod kar chale jayenge..."

Her innocent brown orbs were filled with so much pain.....

It was a month ago when Raniya's family was coming from a wedding at night and met with a terrible accident which left her sister and mother dead on the spot while her father was still in a state of coma. Only she managed to escape uninjured with some bruises.

Her father being the only child didn't have close relatives to look after her. It was Faizan who rushed there getting the news with Azeem and Kabir.

Raniya was in a state of shock and her old  Khala was not being able to handle her.

Faizan was himself terrified when he saw his friend's body connected with tubes. But he had to carry out the last rites of the departed souls, which he did with a heavy heart.

Azeem was unable to figure out what he was feeling. His wife was dead...true she was unknown to her but still somewhere it hurt. He had expectations from his Nikaah.

But as soon as his eyes went to the innocent soul who was carrying a blank face devoid of any emotions, his forgot his own pain. He had always seen her chirping in the office. He could just imagine what that poor soul must be going through. Compared to her pain...was his pain anything??
Just imagining himself in her place made him shiver.

Faizan brought Raniya along and her Khala didn't object.

Anabia and Jannat managed to break her shell and she cried her heart out in Jannat's arms. Her painful sobs had every member in the house misty eyed.
Few days later, Aazeen had managed to get her talk. She was a little okay when her Khala's husband with his son had come at Faizan's place and demanded that Raniya should go with them

Faizan had seen Raniya nodding in No from the door and he just assured her maternal family to let her be here for a few days more, which they reluctantly agreed upon.

And just when her Khala's family had left, Raniya had gone berserk infront of Faizan "Uncle mujhe wahaan mat bhejein...mujhe wo log achhe nahin lagte .... please mujhe yahin koi kaam de dein mai kar lungi..par mujhe wahaan nahin bhejein.....please"

"Bacha aap ko koi kahin nahin bhej raha....jab tak mai hun koi aapka kuch bhi nahin kar sakta" Faizan had soothed Raniya with his words and had  looked at Azeem who had just blinked his eyes giving him the answer, he had asked his son last night and he didn't disappoint.

"Azeem se shaadi karengi aap..?" Faizan's words had made Raniya still but just a picture of Khala's family made her nod her head in "yes" next minute.

It was a small function where Azeem and Raniya accepted each other in the holy bond of nikaah.
Her Khala's family which had come a week later was left with nothing to say. Raniya Khan was now Raniya Azeem Ali and one would have to face Azeem Ali before casting a bad eye on her.

RAABTA : A collection of short storiesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें