5

"Anaya ... Adil bhai ke liye chai bana do" Nafisa said cutting an apple for Arham

(Anaya...go..make tea for Adil bhai)

"Huh....abhi toh sab ke liye bani thi" Anaya frowned taking a slice

(Huh...everybody just had tea a while back)

"Wo kisi aur ke haath ki chai peeta hai" Jameela asked with a smile making Anaya shake her head "Tayi ammi aap ke bete ke na bahut nakhre hain.......bata rahi hun mai" she was about to continue when Nafisa twister her ear "Bada hai wo....izzat se baat karo"

(Does he drink tea made by anyone else)
(Tayi Ammi ... your son is too demanding)
(He is elder to you...so show respect)

"Ammi........." Anaya whined "I respect him a lot...aap janti hain...mai toh bas"

"Nafisa...bachi hai....chhodo" Jameela caressed Anaya's ear "Meri bachi"

(Nafisa .. leave her)

"Ek aap hi hain tayi ammi jo"

(You are the only one Tayi Ammi who cares for me)

"Acha.." Nafisa's typical mother tone made Anaya smile and she added "Aap  bhi hain......"

(You are also in the list)

"Acha ab baatein banana band karo....aur jao" Nafisa signalled towards the kitchen making Anaya huff.

(Now go and make tea)

"Bhaijaan .... chai" Anaya kept the cup on the table and turned to go ..

(Bhai ... tea)

"Anaya"

"Ji bhaijaan"

"Yahaan aao...." Adil patted the space next to him on couch

(Come here)

"Aaj to maine kuch nahi kiya....kal bhi nahi kiya tha" Anaya pouted and whined...which made her look like a cute adorable doll.

(Today I didn't do anything...yesterday too...)

She was busy thinking of any other mistake when a laughter broke her thoughts.

She kept looking at the man who she had seen laugh like this probably for the first time.

Seeing him laugh so freely, the first thought came "He can laugh...I didn't know this......hell no one knew this"

"Aap haste hue bahut ache lagte hain....."

(You look very good when you laugh)

"Acha...." Adil stopped laughing but still a smile was there

"Haan aur handsome bhi" Anaya's eyes widened at her own words and she kept both her palms on her mouth......."Allah maaf karna"

(And handsome too)

Adil looked at her amused "what a cute bundle of joy she is......."
Clearing his throat, he stood up "Aise mai tumhe bahut bura lagta hun...mujhe pata hai"

(Yeah...this way you don't like me I know)

"Kar di Arham bhai ne chugli" Anaya's eyes narrowed but she thought of confronting him later....for that she needed to remain alive and that seemed like a herculean task at the moment.

(Arham bhai must have told him)

"Nahi bhaijaan....aap to bahut sweet hain"

(No bhai...you are very sweet)

Adil arched his right eyebrow challenging her words which could have got a place in the top section of Anaya's lie diary.

"I mean ... bhai......"

RAABTA : A collection of short storiesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें