VI

"I DON'T LIE"

The words halted Safiya's steps and she turned with a pout on her face "Pleaseeee....."

"I have never lied" Ibrahim shrugged

"And I have never lost"

"I know......but I am not stopping you from completing your dare.... go ahead"

"Did you even listen .. what the dare is" Safiya thought he must have misunderstood or not paid attention

"Yeah....you need a kiss..right" Ibrahim said casually resting his hands behind his head.

"No........." Safiya widened her eyes "The dare is to kiss you" she emphasised on "you" to make her point clear.

"Ultimately a kiss is the solution...I guess"

"Can I kiss you" Safiya closed her eyes realizing her words while Ibrahim was having the time of his life....this was too much fun!!!!

"Biwi ko mana toh nahi kar sakta....." Ibrahim said as if he was doing a huge favour on her

"Ek baar phir soch lein......." Safiya didn't want to take any chances

"Okay...give me a day...I will get back to you" Ibrahim shrugged picking his book

"Kiss na ho gaya kohinoor ho gaya...." Safia couldn't see through his sarcasm ... the image she had weaved of his in her mind would have surely said that....so no shocks here.

"I know ..  you don't appreciate such things .... I am sorry...." Safia apologised genuinely lowering her eyes...

Ibrahim shook her head "Idhar aao"

"Huh..."

"Come here...." Safiya walked close to where he was sitting with bated breaths.......

Making her lean down by pulling her hand he whispered "I am giving you 30 seconds.......complete the dare and leave"

Without thinking anything, Safiya kissed his cheek and turned to run but she slipped and fell on his lap..."Aaaah"

"You didn't mention this as part of the dare.......are you taking advantage of me now" Ibrahim bit his inner cheeks and kept a straight face which scared Safiya "Nahi......I just slipped"

"I don't believe you......"

"If I had to take advantage...would I not have kissed your lips" Safiya was aghast at the accusation

"Who knows...may be you don't like my lips...." Ibrahim shrugged

"No...your lips are very sexy.....aahh" Safiya shrieked at her words with eyes widened and tried to get up....this had been her most embarrasing moment till date.

"You r saying just to make me feel better.....I know" Ibrahim said and helped her in getting up

Safiya saw his sad eyes and felt bad......was he that sensitive...she only knew him as a serious and dominating person.

After gathering some courage, she leaned on his face and pecked his lips "I mean what I say"

Her lips were on his for just a second and next moment she just disappeared ....

Ibrahim touched his lips "did she really....." slowly a smile crept on his face "he didn't know he was that good a manipulator!!"

But little did Ibrahim know...not he but his image was a manipulator!!!

---------------

In the night when everybody was on the dinner table, Ahmad started talking....."Hum chah rahe the Safiya ki rukshati ke sath Arhaan ka bhi nikaah kar dete hain"

RAABTA : A collection of short storiesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें