Kuroo Tetsurou - MSBY Matchmaking Service

Some spoilers. Like, no plot, just character info. Proceed with caution, anyway.

I smiled at the guys in front of me. They were such a fun bunch. I couldn't even begin to describe it. "Hey, (F/N)-chan, who are you bringing tonight?" My eyebrow arched at the guy that asked me the question. His blonde hair was stuck to his forehead with sweat and he had his hands on his hips. "You know me too well for that question to be genuine, Atsumu. You just want to poke fun for being married before me," I said and returned to writing down things in the chart in my hands.

"Damn right I want to poke fun at you! You're an assistant coach of a male volleyball team and you don't even have a boyfriend or a girlfriend. That's sad," he said with loud laughter. I gave him a sarcastic smile and returned to jotting down specifications that coach Foster requested. "(L/N)-san, do you think there will be a lot of food tonight?" The youngest member of the team, Hinata Shouyou, asked with a big excited grin on his face. "I made sure we ordered enough food for all of you, Hinata-kun." My positive attitude towards the orange-haired boy made Atsumu frown. His competitive nature never gave anyone around him any peace.

"Don't even," I said as he opened his mouth to say something and walked away. As I walked towards coach Foster, I heard the team whispering among themselves. Or rather two players. "I can't believe she is still single. If I met her first, I definitely would have gone for her," Miya Atsumu whispered, his voice still as piercing as ever. "I know, right? She also makes great food," Bokuto Koutaro said in an attempted hushed voice. "Yeah, maybe I can set her up with Samu? He would like her cooking," the blonde replied. I clenched my jaw and took a deep breath to calm myself.

"You're still here, (F/N)?" Coach Foster asked as I sat down next to him. He was researching something on his tablet as the players had their individual practice time. "Yeah, I just finished the meal plan charts. I also have to finish the size chart and send it to the managers so they can buy the new uniforms. I'll do that tonight," I said while handing him a bunch of papers. He sighed and looked at the papers, before shooting a scolding look up at me. "You won't. You're working too much lately. I don't know what is happening, but I want you to take a break. Instead of working on that chart until late at night, come to the celebration tonight. Have some fun and then bring the chart in on Monday. The guys will also appreciate having you there," he lectured me and ran a hand through his light hair.

I sighed and nodded my head, giving him a tired smile. "Sure. See you tonight, then," I said and stretched my arms over my head before picking up my stuff and leaving the gym. I waved goodbye to the guys and then walked away.

Once home, I just let myself drop on the living room couch. My family has been at my neck for rejecting the guy that proposed to me a few weeks back. They were saying I was running out of time and that I couldn't afford to be picky even if I was only 26. I was so tired of their constant nagging and now even the team is bugging me for the same reason. What a pain.

I fell asleep on the couch and woke up a few hours later, realizing that I was going to be late for the celebration. I ran into my bathroom, took a quick shower, washed my hair, and then ran around the flat, looking for clothes. As I let my hair dry naturally, I pulled out a pair of black cigarette trousers that reached a few inches above my ankle and put them on. Not knowing what to put on top, I started panicking. I've received a few messages from Bokuto and Miya asking if I'll be there tonight. The two were really nosy.

I decided for a satin tank top with lace on the top rim and a large bronze blazer over it that reached mid-thigh. I was pretty tall so the clothes kind of shrunk me to at least look normal-sized. My hair was half dry when I put my clothes on so I used the blow-dryer to finish it. I put some makeup on quickly, making sure it was noticeable because it was an evening event, but matched the classy theme that my clothes were carrying. I put on my glasses and rushed out of the house, wearing a pair of stilettos.

I rushed down the stairs and onto the street, jumping in my car without much care. I kicked the shoes off and put on the slides I always had in my car so I could drive properly. I was at the event venue in no time. Of course, the celebration started, but I didn't even expect to be there earlier, in the first place. I pulled the shoes back on and locked the car before making my way inside. I fixed my hair and clothes in the mirror at the entrance before walking inside the large building.

A large hall was rented for the celebration of the trophy the team won. I squinted as I looked around the room that was packed with people. There were journalists there, sponsors, some prospective players, current players, families, and even some fans. I managed to locate my team. I made my way over and greeted them with a big smile. Many of them were standing there with their partners at their side, smiling happily. "(F/N)-chan! You made it!" Atsumu said excitedly and I glared at him. "Yeah, I made it. Alone at that. Who would have guessed?" I said sarcastically. He chuckled and his wife smirked at him as I snarkily brushed him off. "Bokkun was looking for you," he said and I arched my eyebrow. I craned my neck to try and look over the heads of the people which proved to be more effective than not. Bokuto's distinguishable hair was sticking out of the crowd. I smiled and excused myself from the rest of the team and made my way to the eccentric volleyball player.

"(F/N)-chan!" He called the moment I was near. I rolled my eyes. It doesn't matter how many times I complain, the two will never drop the stupid way of calling me. "Bokuto! What a coincidence seeing you here," I said sarcastically and looked around, trying to figure out what he needed me for. "What do you mean coincidence? We work on the same team!" He said loudly and for a moment I considered feeling bad for him. I looked up at him and sighed. "Sarcasm, Bokuto, sarcasm. What did you need me for?" I asked but before he had time to respond, obnoxious laughter erupted next to him.

I arched my eyebrow and looked at the guy that stood next to Bokuto. He was around the same size as the Owl-head and had black hair that stuck up in all directions. His narrow eyes were fixed on me as he stopped laughing and a sly smirk etched onto his sharp features. He was very good looking, I had to admit. It intrigued me. "(F/N)-chan, I wanted to introduce you to someone. This is Kuroo Tetsurou. He's my best friend," the obnoxious man said rather proudly. I gave him a tight smile as I watched the two. In my heels, I was about the same height as they were. However, despite that, the two were intimidating in a completely different way.

"Well, Kuroo Tetsurou, my name is (L/N) (F/N). Nice to meet you," I said and stretched my hand out to shake his. He took my hand and his firm grip made my jaw tighten just a fraction. I reciprocated the firm grasp and shook his hand slightly. "The pleasure is all mine, Miss Assistant Coach." The way he said it sounded as though he was trying to rile me up even though what he said was not wrong nor bad in any way. My eyebrows flickered up my forehead as I nodded and let go.

"Is that all you needed from me, Bo...Ku...To?" By the time we finished our introduction, Bokuto disappeared. I knew what his intention was from the start but I didn't expect him to disappear right after I introduced myself to the potential suitor he found me.

The man that stood in front of me snickered and put a hand in the pocket of his trousers. He was wearing a suit just like everyone in the room, but for some reason, it looked just a bit sharper on him than on anyone else. "Well, I'm sorry about that. He's constantly trying to set me up with women," Kuroo Tetsurou said and looked around. I arched my eyebrow once more and looked at his handsome face. "Set you up? I thought he was trying to set me up with one of his friends. He and idiot Atsumu have been bothering me lately," I sighed and ran a hand through my hair.

"That's interesting. How about you tell me all about it over a drink?" He said with a smirk on his face. I gave him a side glance, too tired to even turn my head back towards him. "Sure. You're not Atsumu or Bokuto and you're definitely not that poor guy that proposed to me last week. Oh my god, I even forgot his name," I sighed and rubbed my face. "That's even more interesting," Kuroo said and I felt him place a hand on the small of my back. "Come on, I need to hear about that," his grin made me roll my eyes. "Spill the tea, sis!" He said in an overly feminine voice that made me laugh. "Oh, this tea might be too hot for you to handle," I retorted and walked to the bar with him.

"Don't underestimate me, hun, I'm all about the tea," Kuroo said with a wink and waved his hand. As I continued laughing at his behaviour, I made a note in my head to thank Bokuto for introducing us. Even if this ended tonight, I don't remember when was the last time I was able to laugh this much.

PS. I totally thanked Bokuto. He totally rubbed it in my face.

PPS. It didn't end that night. ;)